Talk

Advanced search

If I "hide" MN Local threads...

(19 Posts)
ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Thu 08-Oct-09 15:53:14

... why don't they disappear??

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 09-Oct-09 07:15:00

And why do they stay stuck to the top of my active conversations, even though they are hidden??

Tortington Fri 09-Oct-09 07:17:58

they go in a day or so. i dont know why the delay - ot fucks me off esp. if there are two or three at the same time

LeninGhoul Fri 09-Oct-09 07:38:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 09-Oct-09 07:52:28

I hate the way local threads stay to the top anyway, regardless of whether or not I try to hide the things.

Lenin - your MN Local membership is nothing to do with your postcode info. If you want to detach yourself from a group you need to go to "Local" (link at top of page) then to "Other sites".

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 09-Oct-09 08:08:39

I don't mind them appearing there but I'd like the to b*gger off when I ask them to

LeninGhoul Fri 09-Oct-09 17:13:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Oct-09 19:19:57

Hello. Sorry we've taken so long to post on this one.

MN Local threads appear at the top of your Active Convos - and stay at the top for 10 mins or so. Then they drop back down.

Think the idea behind this was that you might never see 'em otherwise (seeing as there are, inevitably, fewer people on each MN Local site than on Active Convos in general).

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 09-Oct-09 22:26:15

But if I hide them, why don't they bugger off go away?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Oct-09 22:48:48

Actually, I don't know, ADragon, but I'll try to find out for you when the People Who Know Things are in the office next week.

<clueless underling emoticon>

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 10-Oct-09 11:37:26

Surely having the word "mumsnet" after your name means you know everything??
shock
[incredulous]
[disillusioned]

The rest of them know everything, but they keep HelenMumsnet in the dark so that they can feel superior... [conspiracy theorist emoticon]

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 12-Oct-09 14:05:22

In this place, if you're not confused, you're misinformed. grin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Oct-09 10:13:12

you what?

who?

when?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Tue 13-Oct-09 10:15:09

So, HelenMumsnet is there to make the others feel cleverer and GeraldineMumsnet is there as the scapegoat when things go wrong.... <<ponders the role of other staff>>

AnnMumsnet secretly decides who gets the free samples so is worth sucking up to <<hopes that "because AnnMumsnet is lovely and clever and funny and has shiny bouncy hair" will have been a good enough entry to get to try out the Phillips Sensual Massager on Professor Layton>>

GunpowderTreasonAndDragons Tue 03-Nov-09 14:46:54

All that tinkering and I still see Local threads that I've hidden, stuck to the top of my active conversations.

Deadworm Tue 03-Nov-09 14:52:08

Are the local sites good? Do many people use them? I've often wondered this because one of the things I like about usi,ng an internet forum is that it frees you from geography. I can use RL for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now