Talk

Advanced search

entering comps / surveys

(18 Posts)
fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Wed 07-Oct-09 12:07:29

When I enter a competition, or do a survey and click on send the window is closed and I go back to the mumsnet home page.
I think it would be nicer to show some sort of confirmation that the entry has been accepted as I don't always know whether its gone through ok. grin
It probably doesn't bother anyone else and I'm just being overly fussy but it's in my perfectionist nature.

I'll go away now.....

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 15:38:14

Hi fusspot fruitspooksbats..

You should be getting a 'thank you' message at the end of surveys already. Have you not seen any?

And thanks for the suggestion of doing similar with comps - will try to find out how tricky that would be technically.

RTKangaMummy Wed 07-Oct-09 15:41:31

On the sexy massager survey I did NOT get a thank you so does that mean it didn't enter me?

sad

I got sent to the home page iirc

BiteOfFun Wed 07-Oct-09 15:43:54

I think the sensual massagers are supposed to be For External Use Only, RTKangaMummy wink

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 15:50:21

I think you're probably OK, RTKangaMummy, but we will check that out for you.

lol at BiteofFun

RTKangaMummy Wed 07-Oct-09 15:51:24

grin pmsl gringringrin

RTKangaMummy Wed 07-Oct-09 15:52:10

Thanks Helen

smile

Bleatblurt Wed 07-Oct-09 15:56:31

I never get a thank you message. Always get what the OP is getting. No wonder I never win. [wails]

LilRedWG Wed 07-Oct-09 15:59:45

Same here.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 16:56:13

hi guys, surveys are ok - they are set up to just go straight to the mn homepage after you click on complete.
will check you are in on the massagers...and think about a thank you page.
Ann, queen of surveys at MNHQ

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 17:01:08

Oops, apologies to all - and AnnMumsnet - for leading you up the thank-you garden path blush

(I'll never get a massager now...)

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 18:02:08

RTKangaMummy - your name is on the list grin

EccentricaGallumbats Wed 07-Oct-09 18:07:42

shock is this why i never win anything?

it is most important i am on the list for the rude toy massager as my life willbe incomplete until i have one.
TIA

RTKangaMummy Wed 07-Oct-09 18:14:31

oooooooooooooh deffo brill thanks Ann

smile

Hulababy Wed 07-Oct-09 18:29:13

I am trying to think now about competitions. Not sure I get a thank you page. But then mst are to add a tip, etc. So they don't return anywhere as such. Does MNHQ just know if we have added a tip pr listing after visiting the comp page?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 18:44:37

EccentricaGallumbats - you are on the list too (obv competing with RTKanga so no fighting please ladies....!)

Hulababy - back to Helen for that one. I don't do competitions

RTKangaMummy Wed 07-Oct-09 20:22:36

grin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Oct-09 23:18:41

Hulababy: yes, NikitaTech has made some very fancy codes, so we know who has entered which competition - and whether they sent in a tip or signed up for Talk roundup or whatever else the entry requirements might be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now