Talk

Advanced search

Excuse me hq, can I ask a question about CAT-ing people?

(9 Posts)
bibbitybobbityCAT Sat 03-Oct-09 22:56:24

Say I want to contact another Mumsnetter. Would you be able to see the message I've written? Or do you just pass it on unread?

In the past I've contacted people because I wanted to share secrets gossip vitally important information but, because I didn't want you lot to know what I was saying, I would just send a slightly coy message saying "can you contact me, here's my email address" sort of thing. Did I need to bother?

I guess what I'm asking, is it an anonymous computer process or is there a real live human reading the initial CAT message and passing it on?

Tia

LOL gossip queen alert!! hehe

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Oct-09 23:04:14

Hello bibbitybobbityCAT.

It's a real live human being process (hence the slight delay sometimes) but we don't really scrutinise them line by line.

Just a quick skim to make sure it's not offensive or stalkerish, really.

Why, what's the goss? grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 03-Oct-09 23:06:11

cat me, bibbity

I am not above a good ole gossip

bibbitybobbityCAT Sat 03-Oct-09 23:10:16

Oh nothing harmful, nothing personal, nothing offensive and certainly nothing stalkerish. But I did have things I wanted to keep between me and one other poster a few times, rather than me, MNHQ, and the other poster iyswim. So looks like I did the right thing. Thanks for replying so quickly grin.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 03-Oct-09 23:13:10

dang

grin

bibbitybobbityCAT Sat 03-Oct-09 23:15:37

Yes, I do sound more tame than tamey the tame thing on a particularly tame day, don't I?

slimeoncrazydemon Mon 05-Oct-09 09:58:02

Message withdrawn

TrillianSlasher Mon 05-Oct-09 15:39:11

"more tame than tamey the tame thing on a particularly tame day" grin

Not a very MN-ish thing to dbe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now