Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have the urge to update their status on MN?! :D

(11 Posts)
Whedonzgal Fri 02-Oct-09 11:24:47

grin

For example all i want to do is just make a comment about dd's crazy assembly this morning, but I don't want to start an actual thread about it. And i don't want to just put it on Facebook cos it's MNers that i want to see it! blush

Synyster Fri 02-Oct-09 17:10:31

well put it here

halfcut Fri 02-Oct-09 17:12:21

I'm the same grin get very confused when I'm on here and on fb

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Oct-09 17:39:28

Shameless plug alert:

MN Facebook page is here

Whedonzgal Fri 02-Oct-09 20:32:43

Same thing happens to me at work hmm.

Whedonzgal Fri 02-Oct-09 20:36:32

oh - the assembly -just very amusing, nursery up to year 2 performing nursery rhymes, the chaos ensuing from trying to get whole classes to stand in the right place and sing the right songs.

By the way,does anyone else's primary school have assembly every day?! I can't get over it. dd says it's very boring and the floor is uncomfortable. grin Whenever I go to one of their assemblies i struggle with it, and after about 10-15 mins the children begin getting more & more restless and noisy and i just wonder, why?!
(why have them i mean, at least every day anyway) .I'm sure when i was a kid they were only once a week.

And while i'm at it, dd was telling me about a Michael Jackson game they played today (not the school, i mean her friends). She called it "Better Clips" and said they have to say Michael Jackson 10 times, and then they either "feel the pain or die". hmm Also, she demonstrated to me & screamed at the end, running away saying "He's right behind me!!"
wtf ?! anyone else come across this?

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 02-Oct-09 20:38:14

really thinck Q. how do I get MN as a facebook friend?

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 02-Oct-09 20:39:43

Whedonzgal - I suggest limiting your DCs access to food colourings grin

OrmIrian Fri 02-Oct-09 20:42:23

Ermmmm .... what?

I don't understand facebook. How does an assembly change your status? Please explain

Whedonzgal Fri 02-Oct-09 20:44:06

grin

that's so weird, after school today i bought reese's pieces, for myself, dd had some, then i checked the packet & they did indeed contain artificial E colours! i did sigh. we're usually so good at avoiding them.

Whedonzgal Fri 02-Oct-09 20:47:43

you really are confused ormirian!

Your status on Facebook is what is written at the top of your profile, and appears on all your friends' home pages. So "Whedonzgal..." then whatever you want to write. eg.
"whedonzgal is amused at the chaos that ensued at assembly" or something. It's just called your status, not as in a hierarchy! grin Ppl can then comment on it if they like, etc, bit like a thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now