Talk

Advanced search

Can we instate some sort of thread nanny......

(14 Posts)
oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:16:46

....for each topic so that if a poster only has a couple of responses or none then they could bump up the posts for them?

It may already exist so tell me to shut up if so.

I have no shame and will bump up my threads if no-one has seen them (or if they are not interested ) but if you are new you may not have as much front and could be a bit put out or hurt.

May put an end to the conspiracy of cliques or unfriendly accusations that are constantly milling as well.

<dons head girl badge>

xx

Lizzylou Wed 08-Jun-05 13:18:38

OO, that is a great idea...

You'd make a fab Head Girl!

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:20:38

<<swishes gown>>

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:38:47

Erm...bump

SaintGeorge Wed 08-Jun-05 13:41:35

Great idea.

So, are you volunteering then because I have 1 thread in Other Subjects and 1 in Book Club if you could kindly go do the honours

PrettyCandles Wed 08-Jun-05 13:42:43

How often bump? And what if the original poster is satisfied with the responses and doesn't need the bumping?

Not that I disagree, just being a devil's advocate.

zebraZ Wed 08-Jun-05 13:44:23

I do this sometimes already.

SaintGeorge Wed 08-Jun-05 13:45:26

Cheers oliveoil

dillydally Wed 08-Jun-05 13:45:51

Is there a stair monitor vacancy?

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:46:30

SG - done! <quick polish of the halo>

PC - bloody nitpicker . I would go on what I would be happy with in terms of responses, if they only had 2 or so then I would bump it. Someone put the other day that no-one had commented on the pic of her son and it really struck a cord, so when I am not busy at work (like never), I seek them out now.

SaintGeorge Wed 08-Jun-05 13:48:05

See - excellent scheme. Thread nanny bumps my thread and I got an immediate response. I like this idea

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:48:25

are you after my badge Zebra??????

Dilly - you are duly elected, just make them walk on the left.

SaintGeorge Wed 08-Jun-05 13:51:21

Happy to help out - so what do you reckon, any threads we see or choose certain Topics to each keep watch over?

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:53:12

Mayby just keep an eye peeled. I go down to the bottom of Active first and then click on a couple of Topics willy nilly. A better system would be to have a topic each. But there is no way I am organising that .

That's me, throw in a suggestion and RUN AWAYYYYYYY.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now