Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm a moaning minnie tonight, but I can't be the only one that does this......

(16 Posts)
LatinDAISYcal Wed 30-Sep-09 20:58:52

On the topics page, I always hover over the "more" at the end of the visible topics expecting it to expand the list and it bloody well never does. I know it won't/never did, but it draws me in every time, as the natural instinct is to click on "more" to get more...can you sort it so that it does expand the list?

or is that just me that gets bothered by that?

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:00:48

it does do that

modernart Wed 30-Sep-09 21:01:08

My "more" does expand the list

whomovedmychocolate Wed 30-Sep-09 21:01:56

mine doesn't hmm

IdrisTheDragon Wed 30-Sep-09 21:02:05

When I click it, the list expands.

FritesMenthe Wed 30-Sep-09 21:02:11

ooh, I had this problem. Hang on and I'll find out what to do. It involves going into 'customise'...

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:02:46

i didn't know til i tried it just then as i rarely go on the topics page. but just tried and it def shows all when u click

FritesMenthe Wed 30-Sep-09 21:04:47

Right, click on 'customise'. Scroll down and where it says 'display all topics'set it to 'yes' and save. Then all the tpoics are displayed at once.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 30-Sep-09 21:09:02

Doesn't blooming well work on Safari - that's for sure hmm

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:12:49

works on firefox
and i think i;m set to mumsnet classic if that makes any difference

interestingly, my cursor doesn't change to a little hand when i mouse over it. it stays as an arrow. but it still opens up the topics if clicked on

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:13:21

if you people will have macs then well...

whomovedmychocolate Wed 30-Sep-09 21:19:26

Yeah, well we do insist on not having crashes or viruses or all that....terrible I know wink

LatinDAISYcal Wed 30-Sep-09 21:22:00

AHAaaaaaa. I have never actually clicked because I didn't get the wee pointy finger (technical, moi?), but although I just get the long I shaped cursor thing if I click it does expand....

.....so next question tech; why no pointy finger (or whatever one's cursor of choice is) over the "more"?

thisisyesterday Wed 30-Sep-09 21:22:30

touche wink

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Sep-09 22:03:37

Evenin' Moaning Minnies!

Yes, FritesMenthe is right: you can go into Customise and set your preferences to show all topics.

There's also a big SHOW ALL button in the blue bar that has the Talk Topics header in (look to the right).

But I will talk to BigTech in the morning about the 'more' link not working for some of you...

LatinDAISYcal Wed 30-Sep-09 22:57:56

No I'm happy now smile. I didn't want it to permanently show all the topics iyswim and now that I know it works, albeit unobviously, I'm a happy bunny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now