Talk

Advanced search

Would there be any merit in a DENTAL health topic?

(16 Posts)
LatinDAISYcal Wed 30-Sep-09 20:57:20

As I have a dental type question about my DS2 and was looking for a dentistry topic in the main list and there isn't one. not sure it needs to go in children's health as it isn't a health issue as such; just a wee problem with gappy teeth.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Sep-09 22:10:46

Fangs <snurk> for the suggestion, LatinDAISYcal.

Anyone else want to second that?

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 30-Sep-09 22:12:47

Seems a bit unfair, as who else knows about teeth other than our resident dentists who always feel obliged to give free advice.

Just a thought.

Dumbledoresgirl Wed 30-Sep-09 22:14:12

No, just put your query in health. I find there are way too many topics on here nowadays and it can sometimes be very hard to find the exact topic you need as there are too many variants to choose from.

But that is just my opinion, don't listen to me! wink

LatinDAISYcal Wed 30-Sep-09 23:02:58

Wasn't looking for free advice DB hmm, just a shared experience and hope I haven't offended.

As a structural engineer I always try and answer any engineeringy/architecty/building type queries of I can, but certainly don't feel obliged to do it. Do people feel that on a website? honestly? Are all respondents in health doctors? or in feeding BFCs? Can't see why dental health would be different.

<googles labial frenulum for the umpteenth time in 11 months>

<sighs>

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 30-Sep-09 23:08:44

no no no, i wasn't accusing you of looking for free advice.

just that such a topic may be abused. maybe.

MaureenMLove Wed 30-Sep-09 23:12:41

Only if it meant I could find Comeoveneer quickly, in case of emergency cake decorating questions!! grin

PeachesMcLean Wed 30-Sep-09 23:14:45

No. Too many blardy topics already.

ConFuschias Wed 30-Sep-09 23:32:17

Groan at HelenMumsnet

LatinDAISYcal Thu 01-Oct-09 09:41:44

lol Maureen grin
sorry DB; I was a bit stressed and over sensitive last night blush

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 01-Oct-09 17:37:25

no worries LD smile

my point being that while i'm happy to give advice when i'm in the mood on physiotherapy type problems, I wouldn't welcome a 'sports injuries' topic.

LatinDAISYcal Thu 01-Oct-09 20:03:26

<logs DB as sports injury type person>

now, about my frozen shoulder.......wink

CayPeag Thu 01-Oct-09 20:05:04

Ooh my hip... grin

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 01-Oct-09 21:01:42

quite.

After a 9-5 day at the hospital followed by a few hours voluntary at the rugby club you can stick you frozen shoulder up your labial frenulum.

grin

LatinDAISYcal Thu 01-Oct-09 23:28:37

PMSL grin

jasper Wed 07-Oct-09 00:41:17

please no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now