Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet subscription

(16 Posts)
triggerhappy Wed 08-Jun-05 08:42:17

I'm new to MN, and I had an email yesterday from asking if I could pay a yearly subscrition to the site, which confused me a bit

Is this a bog standard email that gets sent to everyone? If I can't afford to pay will I still be allowed to use the site?

Thanks for any help.

anorak Wed 08-Jun-05 08:45:13

Pay if you can and ignore if you can't. It's not compulsory as the mn team want everyone to have access. All who can afford to pay should, though, even if it's a small contribution because they run on a shoestring apparently.

Twiglett Wed 08-Jun-05 08:47:43

although you have just reminded to pay mine .. thanks

Twiglett Wed 08-Jun-05 08:48:55

actually ... can't find the subscription page .. help

munz Wed 08-Jun-05 08:53:09

did MN think about the whole DD each month thingy cos DH would'nt notice a small amount comming out each month - £5.00 for example or something.

roisin Wed 08-Jun-05 08:55:20

subs page is here

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jun-05 09:02:29

Thanks Roisin for the link.

We did think about direct debit Munz but on the whole wanted to avoid because we pay a transaction fee each time and so it makes more sense to encourage folks to pay in a lump sum. But you're right it would make it easier for folk to pay more, so we'll look into the mechanics again. Thanks for suggesting it.

Triggerhappy, Anorak is spot on - we don't make subscribing a condition of use. If you can't afford to contribute, please don't feel bad - it's not a problem.

triggerhappy Wed 08-Jun-05 09:22:11

Thanks ladies, panic over!

Will see what I can do. x

starshaker Wed 08-Jun-05 09:26:48

do mumsnet accetp paypal

munz Wed 08-Jun-05 09:37:14

could the transaction fee be a part of the subs so we pay it? (I wouldn't mind an extra 0.30 a month or something for the charges) it's the only thing thta's really stopping subs or I suppose I could do a card payment each month on paypal?

LIZS Wed 08-Jun-05 09:38:50

Justine , has the hiccup with the postal subscriptions been resolved yet ?

Twiglett Wed 08-Jun-05 14:21:39

thanks for link

...surreptitious bump

noddyholder Wed 08-Jun-05 14:31:54

would love monthly dd as I am hopeless with remembering anything Is it possible?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 08-Jun-05 21:04:55

Yes postal subs fine now - new PO box and all, though they take a few weeks to process. We don't do paypal atm but guess we should look into that too do you think? Direct debit is being looked into as we speak. Thank you for suggestions, concern and surrepticious bumps .

Socci Wed 08-Jun-05 21:24:52

Message withdrawn

munz Thu 09-Jun-05 08:52:34

don't think paypal cost, we've just set it up in work - just seems to be a lot more admin for me to do! althou we've not had a ful month of using it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now