Talk

Advanced search

If all you moaning minnies had just ignored and .....

(218 Posts)
AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:03:05

kept your outraged and offended fingers away from the complaint button, all this silly sweary name shenanigans would have been tomorrows chip-paper by now.........

As it is, there is now going to be ream after ream of this daft arguing about fuck-all

it could rival Moldie-Gate you know, and that is not a ^good6 thing

AnyFucker, what is going on?

KEAWYED Tue 29-Sep-09 20:05:24

Eh?

PinkTulips Tue 29-Sep-09 20:06:13

your name is still the coolest MN name imo AnyFucker, all the more so because the hysterical types get all hot and bothered by it wink

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:08:52

hey PT, how is little potleg? I read you were disappointed with the healing ....

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:10:22

DM, KEA

some peeps have gone snivelling complained to MN Towers regarding the use of swear words in names

oneruleforall Tue 29-Sep-09 20:10:26

There are (too) many threads about swearing in usernames etc. People didnt like someones name, now theres a mini backlash about anyones name with swearing in it, except some lickers people say "oooh but not you AF, QoFE" etc to people they like, its just against new name changers they dont know (or like but dont know their new name change so are tearing them apart)

TrinityRhino Tue 29-Sep-09 20:11:41

<twirls in non offensive cool name>

grin

KEAWYED Tue 29-Sep-09 20:12:20

OMG Surely mumsnet is a place to escape to away from the general crap of life who needs added stress on here as well!!!!

Lilyloo Tue 29-Sep-09 20:12:59

Oh great another thread hmm
For the record the original request was to have an option to hide posters whose name you found offensive
MNHQ chose to ask posters to use common sense when choosing their name
Big deal.................

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:13:54

precisely, ORFA

funnily enough there is another thread complaining about the use of "mummy" and "mama" in names and that is showing a similar pattern of some are ok, some are not, depending on whether you are MN "Royalty" or not hmm

right, im gonna change my name in a churlish manner.

GirlsAreLOud Tue 29-Sep-09 20:14:26

Was it all started because of cuntwhacker or whatever the name was?

PrincessToadstool Tue 29-Sep-09 20:14:39

That's it AnyFucker, increase the number of threads on the topic by about 20%, that's not self-defeating at all!

Mamazon Tue 29-Sep-09 20:15:22

AF - i adore your persona and agree with much o f what you post but your not helping the cause.

and people aren't finger wagging moaning minnies for worrying that people were losing the ability to show wit and humour in echange for vulgarity and lazy shock tactics

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:16:57

Princess, I am neither self-defeating nor self-promoting

and you didn't need to post on this one if you didn't want to

oneruleforall Tue 29-Sep-09 20:18:20

Yeah, saw that AF, made me sigh - here we go again "youre in my gang, youre not get out/change your name". Thought this was meant to be an inclusive site.

Personally I dont have a problem with anyones name, offensive, mummyish, topical, its just a forum name...

halfcut Tue 29-Sep-09 20:20:14

Always been different rules for the Royalty on here tho..for the record I don't give a toss what anyones called as long as its not similar to mine grin

NotanOtter Tue 29-Sep-09 20:20:44

not ANOTHER thread hmm

wannaBe Tue 29-Sep-09 20:20:53

but you are complaining about the number of threads by... starting a thread? hmm

At the end of the day it's about freedom of speech isn't it? You seemingly have the freedom to change your name to whatever offensive term you see fit, and we have the freedom to find it offensive.

freedom of speech you see. wink

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:21:39

cause ?

is this a crusade then Mamazon?

add more heat to it by complaining

how very silly, when if people had just ignored cuntwhacker, then the ability to shock is much diminished

much like ignoring the attention-seeking behaviour of a 6 yo (if that is your opinion on the matter, as it seems clear that is the case among the complainers)

giving it more attention than it deserves just fans the flames

PrincessToadstool Tue 29-Sep-09 20:24:26

I posted because I did want to, and was in a more light-hearted tone that you took maybe. I agree with your post about the other thread, but that's par for the course here, cuntwhacker is a matter of competitive offending and is just pretty low. Every few weeks there is a thread about who the cool people are, in one form or another. You can't have numbers in your name... oh except for these people. etc etc.

But when 2nd 3rd 4th 5th threads are started the chinese whispers are fuelled, people don't bother to find out what it is actually all about. The majority are favouring your name btw, and QueenofFuckingEverything as they are funny, so it's nothing to do with sense of humour. Cuntwhacker is just stupid. But that's been said...

PinkTulips Tue 29-Sep-09 20:25:23

AF... she's got a physio appointment tomorrow [yippee] and is hopping around and starting to put weight on the cast so fingers crossed she's on the mend finally.

I don't believe using a swear word in a name is 'losing the ability to show wit and humour in echange for vulgarity and lazy shock tactics' at all, AnyFucker and QueenOfFuckingEverything are very clever names and so what if they offend the sensibilities of the easily shocked DM readers among us... MN has always been proud of being an adult site with adult content for people who happen to be parents.

What's next, censorship of the sex threads? not being allowed to mention being drunk while posting? not being allowed to discuss feelings of rage and frustration? Asterixes in every post?

wannaBe Tue 29-Sep-09 20:25:32

so why didn't you ignore the complaints about it then AF?

If the people who were offended at the people who were offended about the offensive names had ignored the "I'm offended" threads, it would have all blown over... no?

AnyFucker Tue 29-Sep-09 20:25:59

wannabe, of course you have the freedom to be offended by a word < sigh, its just a word >

but if you would like to exert control over what people call themselves on an open adult forum, I do not call that freedom of speech

I call that censorship

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now