Talk

Advanced search

Why aren't we linked to all these parenting groups the way the 'other' site is???

(20 Posts)
Mamazon Mon 28-Sep-09 16:19:32

i keep seeing lovely websites and newsletters and play groups etc that have the netmums website logo on the bottom.

is it that they are government funded or something? we are a far superior site and i think we could do more to get our name out there with new mums.

is there some reason im unaware of that we don't?

But fear not, i have been spreading the word around Homestart and now all the new volunteers will be coming on to check us out and hopefully pass on our brilliance to the families they work with

Mamazon Mon 28-Sep-09 17:07:28

just me then?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Sep-09 21:38:24

Thanks for your efforts Mamazon! If anyone has suggestions about who we should approach on an organisational level about spreading the MN word, we'd love to hear them.

Lilyloo Mon 28-Sep-09 21:45:54

our local surestart centre advertises netmums too

PeachesMcLean Mon 28-Sep-09 21:54:20

Are netmums simply paying for the advertising? Or providing something? They have a completely different business model surely, with the government funding (can't remember what that was about though)

I don't think advertising is always the way to go if you're trying to build a reputation for, well, I guess you'd describe MNers as independent minded.

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Mon 28-Sep-09 21:55:27

Maybe they're put off by the Daily Mail connection? <ahem>

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 21:57:17

Netmums was recommended as a good site for pregnant women in Closer magainzine (I know, I know) the other week.

Agree Mamazon that MN is far superior.

Grumpyoldcaaaaaaaa Mon 28-Sep-09 21:59:49

'netmums' 'Closer'

For shame GetOrf!

grin

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 22:02:01

<hangs head in shame>

I am going to get kicked off this site, aren't I.

<yells Boden! Waitrose! Home-made bread! in a frantic bid to stay>

CrackWhoretoPaulDacre Mon 28-Sep-09 22:03:52

That's the most genteel tourettes I've ever heard

megcleary Mon 28-Sep-09 22:04:47

quick knit some yogurt smile

Grumpyoldcaaaaaaaa Mon 28-Sep-09 22:05:20

I can just see here, creeping around Asda, fondling 'celeb' magazines......

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 22:06:38

In my head I am yelling those words in Father Jack's alcoholic rant voice. Better than Feck! Arse! Gurls! I suppose.

I also read Now magazine and occasionally Pick Me Up (true confessions time).

Only ventured on netmums once for a laugh, had to retreat as it made my retinas bleed. It is too pink and blue and bright dammit.

Grumpyoldcaaaaaaaa Mon 28-Sep-09 22:06:42

'see her' FFS!

Grumpyoldcaaaaaaaa Mon 28-Sep-09 22:07:59

People are too cheery on there for my liking. I prefer the slightly more puritanical and judemental stance of MN. Plus people are bloody funny here too

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 22:08:29

I like going to Waitrose cafe to read my trashy magazines.

Honestly do I come across as an Asda shopper? <flicks gold creole earrings>

Grumpyoldcaaaaaaaa Mon 28-Sep-09 22:11:15

Sorry, it was the faux-casual use of 'Closer', I could sense a more than passing knowledge of said magazine and so put 2 and 2 together. wink

No, you strike me as a very Waitrosesque lady.

I have been gagging for crap magazines, my mum only brought 'Heat' with her when she came to visit angry.

RustyBear Mon 28-Sep-09 22:20:17

I read the netmums talk rules the other day - - not only did they keep emphasising that threads must stay on topic, they also kept putting an apostrophe in its..... they really aren't like mumsnet, are they?

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 28-Sep-09 22:22:35

Threads must stay on topic? We'd all be screwed grin

Was on a really funny thread today which mixed discussion about rogue parking in mum and baby parking spaces, with random quotes from the Venerable Bede. Only on MN!

BertieBotts Tue 29-Sep-09 18:25:18

I always thought Netmums was more a "local" site - and you have to use your real name on there. Mumsnet is more anonymous. Netmums probably makes it easier to meet local people, but I get on much better with MNers, all the NMers I know in real life are quite "hun"ish and glittery <scared>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now