Talk

Advanced search

MNHQ: Why do my local listings keep vanishing??

(6 Posts)
MrsWeasley Sun 20-Sep-09 14:32:14

A while ago I tried to be good and put loads of clubs and groups on my MN Local pages but whenever I look at it some have vanished or moved.

Just wondering why?

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Sep-09 16:38:42

I've no idea, I'm afraid, and NikitaTech who is the person who sorts out Local issues is off tomorrow. But I'll flag up with BigTech and ask Nikita on Tues if it's still being iffy.

hocuspontas Tue 13-Oct-09 19:30:39

Am bumping this because I've just noticed the same thing! A couple of years ago I put on all the local schools and clubs in my town. Just having a browse today and they've all gone shock

Has BigTech had a look yet?

hocuspontas Tue 13-Oct-09 19:32:08

oops sorry. NikitaTech I mean. grin

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 14-Oct-09 14:32:25

Hello.

And, er, yes, it would appear that we have a leetle problem with Local listings at the moment.

Part of it comes down to 'end dates'. When you list an event, you're required to put in an end date for it. If you don't, the listing is automatically removed after seven days.

Obviously, that's a bit silly because it will remove regular weekly events, like toddler groups etc.

We are working on fixing that right now - and generally making uploading a listing a little easier to do. smile

hocuspontas Wed 14-Oct-09 16:30:33

Thanks for the update

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now