Talk

Advanced search

Can you make these awful amateurish Word of Mouth marketers go away?

(19 Posts)
catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:25:30

I can't go near a food or general health thread without one of these zombies coming up with the latest line eg:

"My kids love them so much, Craptasticproteinbogies have asked me to tell my friends how great they are. I used to think they were processed but they are actually 100% bogies and contain a glass of snot in each one!! so I think they are great for snacks and packed lunches, and no crumbs to clear up! "

(I'm sure you'll find this one, but happy to help if you can't)

catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:33:14

No really I mean it.

I am monomaniacal about this one. They have annoyed me all day and I want them tarred and feathered. Don't expect me to be reasonable I have been pushed to the edge.

MitchyInge Thu 10-Sep-09 21:36:28

what/where are the others?

wuglet Thu 10-Sep-09 21:36:48

Ooooh I agree.
At least if they were witty with it wouldn't be so bad.

BTW you seem quite stressed about this - I used to be stressed too until I used a FukkitGoblin (TM) wink - I was so pleased with it I have been asked to tell everyone how useful they are - and only £99 from all good stores.

MaryBS Thu 10-Sep-09 21:38:07

I think we should leave them in place... and everyone pile in and take the piss!

catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:46:16

Mitchy, I can't tell you because I think the mere mention of the product is likely to give a positive metric to the campaign.

Today I have seen Hl*b*r*ne multivits (several times) amd then an innocent discussion about Ch*sestings was hijacked by a zombie marketer.

Wuglet. Watch it. I'm in a bad mood already.

MAryBS. I don't think tey have any human feelings, they are zombies and don't know when piss is being ripped.

catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 21:47:03

OOh that's exciting I forgot about *'s giving bold. I think you get the point though.

angry

Redworm Thu 10-Sep-09 21:48:53

It's vile isn't it. We've got the Daily Mail pinching our words and the marketeers hjacking conversations. Weirdly there was an annnoying researcher starting threads everywhere this morning asking us to fill in a surveymonkey thing about privacy. What privacy?

Motherbored Thu 10-Sep-09 21:49:17

LOl at Fukkitgoblin? At all good retailers? I think I need one of those.

TheBalladofGayTony Thu 10-Sep-09 21:50:27

link please - rofl at fuckgoblin

pagwatch Thu 10-Sep-09 21:53:08

I am thinking of changing my name to Haliborangemakeyoucack or Haliborangewillmakeyourchildawanker.

pagwatch Thu 10-Sep-09 21:54:26

oooh. I may get a post removed. Haven't had that since the whole twat post debacle when I first joined.
I still use twat but have honed my use to avoid deletion

<mwahahahaha>>

HonestOpinionNotSpam Thu 10-Sep-09 22:05:16

So tell me, cat, have you any particular brand of tar in mind? I've been lucky enough to be trialling Acme tar; initially I was sceptical, but the feathers really do seem to adhere better even though you still get that proper old-fashioned tarry smell. My DCs' favourite combination is Acme tar and turkey feathers.

I have some free samples of Acme tar to share with others if you'd like to email me...

xx

catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 22:26:58

I trust you implicitly HonestOpinion and beleive everything you say of course. So yes to the Acme Tar.

By the way I have a cow to sell if anyone has some beans at all?

And does anyone know whose bridge that is over there I wouldn't mind buying it.

<thinks : something's wrong here, can't quite put my finger on it>

vbusymum1 Thu 10-Sep-09 22:44:49

How funny you should ask as I have just today tried some Acme Word of Mouth Marketers Stain Removal Gel and by golly it was good. Just a couple of wipes with this beautifully scented product and no more nasty stains on my threads.

catinthehat2 Thu 10-Sep-09 22:58:43

OOH yes please, I'm really enjoying having all these products waved in front of me, I don't find it annoying at all any more, I am converted. In fact they make me want to get my cash out and go to the nearest Tesco Express and buy them all for my cheeeldren. so that I can talk about the products to all of you later.

It will build my social capital by being in the know and always having something to talk about I am led to understand.

THanks to people like you I can discover and check out new products, services, books and other cool stuff.

Then I can share my honest opinions with people I know (not really this is the internet after all)

And best of all I can have my input and feedback taken seriously by companies and brands.

I mean what's not to like - I'll look like a complete git, but my social capital will be enormous.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 12-Sep-09 00:35:56

I've been wondering about this.

Maybe they#re amateurish to avoid selling their soul to the devil. So they want the stuff they're offered to do viral, but they can't actually bring themselves to do it properly?

[generous?]

catinthehat2 Sat 12-Sep-09 08:55:12

No, not very good MMC, try harder.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Sep-09 10:08:43

Please do report any offenders and we'll contact them and advise them strongly to cease and desist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now