Talk

Advanced search

I have got an annoying horizontal scroll bar - anyone else?

(15 Posts)
BertieBotts Sun 06-Sep-09 18:41:36

On mumsnet from recently (?) I seem to have a horizontal scroll bar, I can scroll across to the right. I have no idea why this is as there is nothing cut off my screen or big pictures or words or anything making it happen, it's on all threads and also the topic list, active convos etc. If I do scroll to the right all it is is a small white margin on the right, as I say the website content fits into the window when it is not scrolled (Does that make sense??)

It's not reeeally annoying, just a bit as I use a laptop and scroll down to read threads using my down arrow key, so if I slip and press the right arrow key instead, it scrolls across and cuts off the first couple of characters of each line. My left arrow key is broken which is what makes it annoying to put back to normal!

Just wondering if anyone else has this. I am using Firefox 3.0.13 if that is relevant.

OmniDroid Sun 06-Sep-09 18:51:15

Yep, me too on Opera.

Anyone know how to get rid of it?

kid Sun 06-Sep-09 18:54:49

Maybe you need to adjust the size of the text slightly?
I have no idea how you would do that though!

BertieBotts Sun 06-Sep-09 20:44:55

It's not like the text is stretching the screen though, and it wasn't happening before and I haven't changed my text size settings. So I am not sure it is that.

Good to know it's not just me though

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 06-Sep-09 22:26:14

Hi, not sure why this would be happening I'm afraid. I will ask tech if they can shed any light on it tomorrow though...

thisisyesterday Sun 06-Sep-09 22:28:14

is it only on mumsnet?

paisleyleaf Sun 06-Sep-09 22:47:12

I've just recently had that too, and dragged my window just an incy bit bigger to lose it.

BertieBotts Mon 07-Sep-09 09:44:46

Yes only on mumsnet. Paisley, my window is maximised. I am still on 1024x768 resolution though <dinosaur>.

Thanks Catherine

BigTech (MNHQ) Mon 07-Sep-09 13:27:09

And here i was thinking we were all passed IE6 and the 1024x768 screen resolution.

I have fixed it so please report if you are still having issues

barbiebigpants Mon 07-Sep-09 13:30:36

bigtech, on the threads im on i still have to scroll down half a page to find them.....

BertieBotts Tue 08-Sep-09 09:14:23

Ah, so it is just my dinosaur laptop causing problems don't worry about it if it's a problem - it's slightly better but still not gone completely. Now the text in the Tip of the day/QOTW/ROTW is bigger than the rest of the text and the lines are more spaced out. The left hand page margin is bigger as well, not sure if these are by design!

I think it might be the ad bar across the bottom of the page as that is slightly off-centre.

I am just about to upgrade to firefox 3.5 though so I will report back in a minute.

BertieBotts Tue 08-Sep-09 12:07:25

OK, update to 3.5 didn't change anything but now (ie in the last few minutes) it's all gone really weird and whenever I am on a thread, the content down the right hand side from Advanced Search to the twitter banner is appearing twice, next to each other so it is squishing the thread right up and I am getting blue boxes on every thread, even the ones started by posters with short names.

Sorry to be a pain! I think I have broken it now blush

Do you want me to send any screenshots btw?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Sep-09 12:10:46

It's not you, it's us!

Sorry - BigTech was fixing something and it all went a bit pear-shaped.

He's sorting it out now. Time for a cuppa?

BertieBotts Tue 08-Sep-09 12:17:08

It seems to be fixed now The scrollbar is still there though - but it's miles better and not annoying as it doesn't cut anything off if I accidentally scroll to the right.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 08-Sep-09 14:04:42

Glad it's better, BertieBotts smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now