Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, I know I should know this but can someone please help me get MN looking right again?

(21 Posts)
Dumbledoresgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 10:04:38

Basically, I must have bashed the wrong key sometime when I was on MN last night and the print has gone small and I am finding that text in people's posts is covered up by the adverts.

I have clicked on customise and everything there is how it should be but I don't know how to make the text larger and have it fit around the adverts again.

Please help someone!

PS Switching off the pc and switching it back on again won't help as this problem started last night and I switch off every night.

Lilyloo Fri 04-Sep-09 10:05:51

lot's of us with this

Lilyloo Fri 04-Sep-09 10:06:34

here

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 10:06:35

Oh really? So not my problem then but Tech's? [hopeful]

midnightexpress Fri 04-Sep-09 10:06:54

Yep, mine's the same. The text is OK but it's mixing up with the ads.

Songbird Fri 04-Sep-09 10:07:19

Oh yeah, not you.

Katisha Fri 04-Sep-09 10:12:37

Same here - can't read posts

letsgostrawberrypicking Fri 04-Sep-09 10:31:55

same here, it's getting annoying!

TheChilliMooseisyourfriend Fri 04-Sep-09 10:34:26

Mine is like that too at the moment. I say get rid of the ads grin

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 04-Sep-09 10:35:17

same here and 'threads I'm on' is all bunched to one side under the adverts.

gorionine Fri 04-Sep-09 10:37:01

You did not do anything wrong, it is a bug in MN classic here they are onto it (I hope!)

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 10:42:14

OK, so the layout is MN's fault, but the print size, I am sure, is down to something I pressed last night. No-one else seems to be complaining about that. The text as I type it is fine, and the text in threads is fine too, but buttons like "Preview Message" and "Post Message" are miniscule. Any ideas?

princessmel Fri 04-Sep-09 10:43:29

Same here

gorionine Fri 04-Sep-09 11:23:10

Dumbledore, try "view" and "zoom in".

Rindercella Fri 04-Sep-09 11:26:43

Same here. Pain cos you can't read the whole posts sometimes.

Dumbledore, try pressing 'control' and '+' at the same time. You may need to do it more than once. If you need to then make the text smaller again, then try 'control' and '-' Hope that works for you smile

Blu Fri 04-Sep-09 11:30:10

Yes, the ads on the R are impinging on posts here too. In Firefox. Is it doing it in Explorer?

I don't usually have this problem.

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 11:35:07

Thanks for the advice on how to get the print back to the right size. Pressing control and + did it for me, so thank you Rindercella (though thanks also gorionine, I just wasn't sure where view and zoom in were).

gorionine Fri 04-Sep-09 11:38:23

It is the same thing, I am just to old to remember all the functions and generally use the mouse!grin Glad your prints are back to normal!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Sep-09 16:36:04

This should all be fixed now but do come back to us on this thread if you are still having problems.

Dumbledoresgirl Fri 04-Sep-09 17:22:51

Thank you Rachel. I have just popped back and all seems to be fine now - both the problems of your making and my own! smile

Shoshe Fri 04-Sep-09 17:37:18

I have the same as well as having to keep logging in and when I click on a thread it dosnt change colour so never see which ones I have been looking at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now