Talk

Advanced search

You know the 'useful tools' on the right hand side....

(9 Posts)
newspaperdelivery Fri 04-Sep-09 00:09:09

...am I being a bit precious to think they might be a bit of a pisser if you are in the pregnancy loss topic? Or something similar? Baby names and due dates and all that - might be a bit harsh.

Or maybe I am being too sensitive.

If not perhaps tech genius person could stop that coming up in certain areas. Or perhaps that would be akin to splitting the atom.

It does not apply to me at all, but it was a thought I had.

S1ur Fri 04-Sep-09 00:14:09

hmm trouble is, this being a parenting site - it's likely that things like babies and the like might be a theme.....

newspaperdelivery Fri 04-Sep-09 00:26:31

True. But maybe a bit hard to see adverts for the things you have just lost right next to your support thread. You can hide topics can't you? But these adds for tools are just there.

I thought it might just be possible to remove the baby name finder and due date calculator - but then - maybe that isn't what is actually helpful to those in situations of loss.

I don't know. A thought. Where I worked the poximity of early pregnancy unit and antenatal was often an issue, so this reminded me of those issues.

Tortington Fri 04-Sep-09 00:31:08

its just unecessary

stick it on the home page

its just gizmo wankage

S1ur Fri 04-Sep-09 00:37:18

I do absolutely agree about antenatal wards and miscarriage practice - indeed Mners experience of that awful sitch inspired the miscarriage code of practice

However, with widgets and tools - I just kinda figure that on a site like mumsnet there is a LOT that alludes to babies and having them and being a parent. I rather suspect that tools have a considerably less significant impact on someone feelings of loss, confusion, anger and so on than a lot of general threads might.

I don't think you are being precious, I think it is a reasonable thought. Just not one I agree with wink

newspaperdelivery Fri 04-Sep-09 09:34:17

hmmm yes can see both pov.

PrincessToadstool Fri 04-Sep-09 10:20:02

it would be nice if we could customise it - by which I mean select to not have it at all

actually right now it is in the way of threads, and the adverts, the text is overlapping

newspaperdelivery Fri 04-Sep-09 10:24:05

That would be fab wouldn't it? I think it's all a bit Pete Tong there this am as tech is having a fiddle. Due to issues with the threads I'm on page.

Yes, an 'advert free' option. Suppose not finacially viable however.

PrincessToadstool Fri 04-Sep-09 10:44:56

Oh no I don't mean ads, just that bloody useful tools bit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now