Talk

Advanced search

Please stop doing this

(26 Posts)
MuffinToptheMule Mon 31-Aug-09 18:54:53

I have my settings on Mumsnet Classic. When I click on a link it turns purple. This way I can tell which links I have and haven't been on. For the past 2 weeks everthing keeps changing back to blue. So for instance in 'threads I'm on' everything is blue even though I have posted on them. Why does this keep happening? It's happened about 7 times now. angry

HecatesTwopenceworth Mon 31-Aug-09 18:57:20

tech's drunk again. grin he starts messing with us when he's been on the sauce. wink

meep Mon 31-Aug-09 18:59:58

mine is like this too - get back on the wagon tech!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 31-Aug-09 19:06:38

Hmm I am a Classic Mumsnetter too and I have not been having such problems.
Sounds like some kind of cookie problem
(computer cookie obv, not maryland cookie problem - i have those problems ALL the timegrin!)
But then I am NOT an expert. I will shout for BigTech and see what gives.

Ponders Mon 31-Aug-09 19:09:20

I asked about this in the last few days too. Active Convos is in Classic, blue/purple, but Threads I'm On is just turquoise & no purple whatever I've clicked on.

It's not a cookies issue for me because I haven't changed anything - get a Tech in!!!

MuffinToptheMule Mon 31-Aug-09 19:44:18

I haven't changed anything. All this talk about cookies is making me hungry!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 12:35:53

Hello, hello - is this still happening, folks?

4andnotout Tue 01-Sep-09 12:41:42

Mine is all blue regardless if i have clicked on it.

ZippysMum Tue 01-Sep-09 12:46:31

I'm on New and it's all blue, if I've clicked it or not.

If I try Classic, I don't get the nice tidy boxes at all, just underlined text as the links.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 15:57:04

Hello.

OK, Active Convos should be changing colours for everyone now. Let us know if it's not.

As for Threads I'm On, the Shed-dwellers are a bit bemused at why you want them to change colour.

They say, 'But it's called Threads I'm On, so you already know you're on them.'

And, even if they did all change colour, they'd all be the same colour because you've posted on them all.

Kinda see what they mean...

Ponders Tue 01-Sep-09 16:27:17

Aha - I get it! They have sneakily hmm (or accidentally grin) changed something & don't want to admit

a) that they've done it
b) that they don't know how to undo it

smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 17:25:39

You could be right, Ponders!

Promise to investigate for you all.

meep Wed 02-Sep-09 19:07:29

the reason we want them to change colour is that the last post you clicked on went purple so you knew where you were in a big thread!

Still all blue in Threads I'm On!

HelenaBonhamCarter Wed 02-Sep-09 19:09:32

i only really need this for the bat.

TrillianAstra Wed 02-Sep-09 19:11:13

"it's called Threads I'm On, so you already know you're on them." grin

For the bat, hover over the link and look at the bottom left of your window...

JackBauer Wed 02-Sep-09 19:33:47

Still all blue for me in active.

theyoungvisiter Wed 02-Sep-09 20:08:32

threads I'm on - they used to be purple if you'd clicked on them and no new posts had appeared since.

If new people had posted then they reverted to blue - was a handy guide to whether you needed to jump on the upstart who'd contradicted you respond to any further posts.

theyoungvisiter Wed 02-Sep-09 20:09:48

active is ok for me btw (classic mumsnetter using firefox) but threads I'm on is all blue, regardless and I Don't Like It I tells ya.

Hassled Wed 02-Sep-09 20:16:48

In Active Convos, threads I've looked at are purple, fine, but if there is a hyperlink within a thread, and I click on it, it stays blue whereas before it would then go purple. Not that that matters particularly - just thought I'd share. It did used to be a useful clue as to whether somone was linking to the bat, though.

MuffinToptheMule Wed 02-Sep-09 20:42:14

Oh for God's sake. Everything has turned blue again. MNHQ and Tech, what are you doing??!!!!!!!!!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Sep-09 21:02:56

Oh gah, no! Tis not me, I promise!

Sorry. Will glower at Shed occupants in the morning but fear it may be a few days before it's properly fixed - we've (clearly misguidedly) let BigTech have a few days off for good behaviour.

Ponders Sun 06-Sep-09 13:42:51

bump (just a reminder smile)

Ponders Mon 28-Sep-09 12:37:40

sigh......

BigTech (MNHQ) Tue 29-Sep-09 11:35:26

There are some fixes in the pipeline and this is one of them. Please bear with us and when we are ready to release the code we will let you know.

Ponders Tue 29-Sep-09 11:44:28

2 cheers then, BigTech smile

("release the code"?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now