Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me or is this happening to everybody?

(33 Posts)
Ponders Fri 28-Aug-09 23:26:18

When I click on Active threads I get proper old-fashioned headings in either purple or blue (depending if I've clicked on them before or not)

But when I click on Threads I'm On, everything is in that odd turquoisey blue - no purples - so is it just me, or is MN wrong today???

IdrisTheDragon Fri 28-Aug-09 23:45:12

Active was weird earlier on today.

RustyBear Sat 29-Aug-09 00:17:42

All but two of my Threads I'm On are purple - I think those two are ones that I've only opened on my iPhone - I'm currently on my laptop.

I'm on New, btw - are you Classic?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 29-Aug-09 12:48:55

RustyBear <could be talking complete twaddle alert>: It might just be that you've switched to your laptop.

Can't check it out for you right now but have vague memories of threads I'd opened on my computer at home not being purple when I looked at them on my laptop at work...

RustyBear Sat 29-Aug-09 14:45:19

Yes, that's what I meant, really....

Though, actually, when I looked on my iPhone, none of them were purple, not even the ones I knew I'd looked at on the phone, until I opened it again, then it went purple. I assumed that was a Safari/iPhone thing, rather than a MN thing.

PrincessToadstool Mon 31-Aug-09 18:17:02

Threads I'm On looks crap for me too, it is hard to read as it's all the same colour and links don't turn purple once I've clicked - which is how I would know where I was up to in reading a thread, IYSWIM?

Ponders Mon 31-Aug-09 22:27:10

Thanks, PT, that's how it is for me too! (Always nice to know you're not going mad grin)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 12:36:44

Hello, hello - is this still happening?

Or is it all better now? <crosses fingers>

PrincessToadstool Tue 01-Sep-09 14:14:36

No, it's still the same for me, all the same colour blue, links don't go purple when I click on them... sorry!

LadyStealthPolarBear Tue 01-Sep-09 14:16:07

taht was happening to me - noticed it a few days ago when I refreshed active conversations and suddenly everything was blue. Will just go and check them both out.

LadyStealthPolarBear Tue 01-Sep-09 14:16:49

yes, active conversations is back to normal but Threads I'm On is all blue!

Ponders Tue 01-Sep-09 15:35:50

active convos OK, but always was anyway.

threads I'm on had the problem & still has it; still all turquoise, no purple or nice proper blue sad

Ponders Tue 01-Sep-09 15:38:08

(I'm normally on Classic - just tried switching to sober workplace & muted, still all turquoise on Threads I'm On)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 15:46:15

Thanks for your replies.

So....

Active Convos is OK for most people (anyone got a problem with Active Convos?)

But Threads I'm On is not going changing colour.

Is that right?

By the way, BigTech told me last time I poked my head in the Shed about this that a thread in Threads I'm On will only change colour if you've posted on it. If it's a thread you STARTED but haven't posted on since, the colour doesn't change.

Seemed quite logical to him hmm

ShowOfHands Tue 01-Sep-09 15:49:39

I mentioned the other day when active was up the swanny that 'threads I'm on' was playing up and was roundly ignored.

Still is. Blue, blue, blue.

Tsk.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 16:03:03

Sorry, ShowofHands, we didn't mean to ignore you.

Techs in Shed are a bit puzzled about this. They say that you know you're on all the threads in Threads I'm On, so why would you want them in a different colour?

PrincessToadstool Tue 01-Sep-09 16:11:10

Because then you know where you've read up to - so if I look at this thread in 'threads I'm on' and click on a link to a post - say yours, Helen - and when I check later there are more replies I can jump straight to the next unread one, raqther than have to scroll to find where I was reading up to. does that make sense?

Ponders Tue 01-Sep-09 16:23:56

ditto smile

Ponders Tue 01-Sep-09 16:30:07

NB it's not the thread titles in Threads I'm On we want to change colour (because, as you so wisely point out wink, we know we're on them!) - it's the posts we've clicked on which need to change colour, so we know where we were up to (which is just another way of saying what PrincessT said, but more explicitly)(I hope)

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-09 17:23:13

Gotcha!

Will brave another visit to the Shed...

LadyStealthPolarBear Tue 01-Sep-09 17:37:22

yeah it just looks different - for me it was a screen refresh when everything went blue. And we don't like change
<<hides in the corner>>

Ponders Sun 06-Sep-09 13:43:39

bump for this one too

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 06-Sep-09 14:36:31

Hi Ponders, we'll show tech your post tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay in getting it sorted

PrincessToadstool Sat 12-Sep-09 17:46:16

bump?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Sep-09 10:11:24

Hi folks,
This is a bit of a mystery but BigTech's on it - i.e. it's moved from his regular to do list to his Urgent to do list!

We'll keep you posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now