Talk

Advanced search

Thank you for the helpful "Mumsnet tips for starting preschool" email, but just one thing...

(19 Posts)
Wallace Thu 20-Aug-09 16:12:05

In Scotland the schools have already gone back so my ds had his first day of nursery before I received this email.

Is there anyway of sending it a few weeks earlier to those of us North of the border?

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Aug-09 16:45:27

I know, Wallace, and we're really sorry blush

We had a bit of a technical hitch with the system that sends out our emails.

BigTech and I have been working silly hours trying to sort it. We got there in the end but a tad too late for all of you north of the border.

Big apologies. <marks in red on MNHQ's 2010 calendar to DO IT EARLIER NEXT YEAR>

Wallace Thu 20-Aug-09 17:00:26

You are forgiven

StripeySuit Thu 20-Aug-09 17:01:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Thu 20-Aug-09 17:09:58

What email? I didn't get one

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Aug-09 17:38:11

We sent out emails to everyone who, according to our records, has a child due to start preschool, primary school or secondary school.

If you didn't get one, you must have unsubscribed from our emails.

Or BigTech's messed up - and we'll have to stand on the naughty step (again)

llareggub Thu 20-Aug-09 17:45:27

I didn't get one and I've double-checked the email thing. I haven't had any emails from you, and I've definitely signed up from them. I even tried changing my email address and since I did that I don't even get the round up.

MIAonline Thu 20-Aug-09 17:51:15

Is it available somewhere on here too?

if not, and I hate to add to your workload, but can it be please? smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Aug-09 17:53:44

I'll see what can be done, MIAonline.

<peers into Shed, looking for help>

DuchessOfAvon Thu 20-Aug-09 17:57:48

Hmm... I'm registered for all emails, my kids details are correct and I didn't get it either. I do only get emails sporadically.

I have just checked my profile and there is a big red notice that says your last attempt to send me an email failed - but the address is correct.

TeaMonster Thu 20-Aug-09 17:59:45

I didnt get one and I have a preschool starter and a reception starter this year hmm

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Aug-09 18:19:00

Oh dear - I know our emails haven't been getting through to some people lately. And the Techs are working on that.

But <holds up small hope> these emails do take a while to roll out - hopefully, your ones will turn up soon.

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 18:29:59

I didn't get one either.

NorksNappiesAndNowtElse Thu 20-Aug-09 18:37:20

I got one

DD is in yr 2 this year, and DS started preschool last xmas....

<am chosen one>

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Thu 20-Aug-09 19:36:08

Can you put it up online somewhere and link it to this thread then Helen?

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Thu 20-Aug-09 19:42:45

Umm you know some people start preschool before three don't you? DD's school starts them at 2.6 depending on when their birthday is (sort of explains why I haven't got one actually) hmm

Am still disappointed to an unreasonable level blush

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Aug-09 21:36:46

Apologies again to all those who didn't get them (though they may well still pop into your email overnight/tomorrow).

TheOnlyDaily.../MIAonline: Yes, will pass your wishes on.

Can't do it for you tonight because the technical-glitch sorting means they're now all sitting in BigTech "private area" (oo er, missus).

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Thu 20-Aug-09 22:39:37

I'm not sure I want them if they have been in there all night Helen hmm

MIAonline Fri 21-Aug-09 07:38:48

I agree with TheOnly, not sure if I want it if it has spent all night in BigTech's private area.

I don't even think 'spam' would cover storage of that

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now