Talk

Advanced search

Pushchairs Section in For Sale whats happend to it?

(29 Posts)
JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 13:43:09

all the threads have vanished bar two just started to ask whats going on!

so what is going on? smile

Disenchanted3 Tue 11-Aug-09 13:43:48

And they are in active convos too, which the 'for sale' threads usually are not.

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 13:45:26

has MN been taken over by gremilns? saw the nappy/potty training thread further down

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 13:57:35

i have also just noticed that the Pushchairs section no longer requires a CAT registration to post. I logged out and this was missing in the pushchairs section but was still present in the childrens clothes section.

Does this mean that you are now allowing anyone to post in the pushchairs for sale section? I thought the idea was for people posting in buy & sell to be registered in an attempt to stop people being ripped off by those who sign up but don't register fully?

BexieID Tue 11-Aug-09 14:12:46

It must just be a glitch. Our cable box just stopped mid frame on Something Special and Tom came over carrying remote saying 'mummy, mummy', lol.

mumofdjandbabies Tue 11-Aug-09 14:13:11

waiting to hear grin

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Aug-09 14:21:58

oopsy slight cock up which we're pretending is a small experiment in de-hunning grin. They'll be back momentarily.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 11-Aug-09 14:27:32

While we're on the subject though, why isn't there a place for pushchair talk? I know there is the thread in Products but it's almost impossible to drop in and out of that or get an answer to a question. Could we have a special pushchair home please? <---winning smile

Disenchanted3 Tue 11-Aug-09 14:28:37

it's almost impossible to drop in and out of that or get an answer to a question.

why??

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 14:32:46

'a small experiment in de-hunning'?

sorry but could you explain that one? From my perspective I am reading that as MNHQ basically saying that posters in that section should be shed?

I am really fed up of this 'Hun' label and the undercurrent of negative feeling that comes with it.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 11-Aug-09 14:35:24

It just moves very quickly and if someone doesn't see your message before eeveryone else posts then the moment has gone. I lurk there and enjoy reading the posts but a lot of it is very personal to the group there and it's hard to butt in.

This really really isn't a dig at anyone there, honestly. I'm just wondering if there is a different way to do it.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 11-Aug-09 14:36:08

Oh goodness, that does sound like a dig now blush

<<digs bigger hole>>

Disenchanted3 Tue 11-Aug-09 14:37:00

'products' is there to ask about pushchairs, no?

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 14:40:19

yes but thats the same situation with any thread on MN? For instance there was a thread in products the other day asking about a pushchair and I felt that due to some of the comments on there about 'huns' i could'nt and would'nt post as I am not part of that group of MN's

EyeballsintheSky Tue 11-Aug-09 14:41:03

OK fine, it was just a thought. As it's such a big area I thought it might deserve a heading of its own. I guess I was wrong.

As you were.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Aug-09 14:52:20

Hello. You now have a Pushchair chat topic all of your own in Products.

See Justine's post here for a bit more explanation.

Enjoy! smile

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 14:58:43

Helen or anyone in MNHQ I would really appreciate it if my concerns about Justines comment could be answered please.

I have been a long time lurker on MN and even when registered the only place i really felt comfortable in posting was the for sale section and the pushchair threads, mainly due to the lovely ladies that are based there.

I have been trying to make a real effort in posting elsewhere but feel like there is this constant judgement of being a pram hun etc.

To me that earlier comment has basically said that I am neither wanted nor good enough to be part of MN. If that is the case refund my CAT subscription and I will be on my way. Thanks

Disenchanted3 Tue 11-Aug-09 14:59:35

<<runs back to the shed and locks the door>>

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Aug-09 14:59:56

Hi JigglyPiggly - sorry twas a wee and not very funny joke - plse forgive me? blush

Disenchanted3 Tue 11-Aug-09 15:01:46

Jiggly, I understand where you are coming from, and I too don't like it wen people take the piss over 'pram huns', some MNers get genuinly nasty with it! But I think Justine was just joking and doubt she meant to cause offense.

But it isn't nice to be labled something derogitorty like us pushchair , erm... enthusiasts are!

JigglyPiggy Tue 11-Aug-09 15:11:08

Dis I hear you!

BUT this is a long running issue on here. I think comments like that only add to the sense that anyone associated with that part of MN is somehow not good enough to mingle with the proper members and MNHQ agree sad

EyeballsintheSky Tue 11-Aug-09 15:19:03

<<raises head above parapet>>

I'm sure you're right Jiggly but it's such a shame if that's the case. Like I said, I read the pushchair thread and am familiar with names on there now but it wouldn't occur to me to point and yell 'pram hun' if I 'saw' you out and about on MN. It's pretty sad if people do that. Do chicken keepers and card makers get the same treatment? It's very odd. I'm jealous of you all being able to swap around pushchairs like you do so I like reading the exploits

And I apologise if my earlier posts here reinforced that feeling. It wasn't my intention, honestly blush

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Aug-09 15:20:21

Not the case at MNHQ, honest Jiggly - we view it more of a term of affection than anything else - after all we've created a dedicated pushchair chat topic for you in Products no?

mumofdjandbabies Tue 11-Aug-09 16:21:21

can you please list me to the new chat place you have created please mnhq grin

Ill await patiently as cant find it blush

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 11-Aug-09 16:59:11

here it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now