Talk

Advanced search

Do you really charge for webchats, MN? I would like Gabrielle Palmer, please

(20 Posts)
hunkermunker Wed 05-Aug-09 20:33:41

See this thread for more info

smile

AnarchyAunt Wed 05-Aug-09 20:34:52

Ah you beat me to it! I was just going to start this thread.

So do all the politicians and yummy mummy types have to pay for the webchats? Even Daisy Goodwin? Shurely not....

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Aug-09 20:48:31

Thanks for the suggestion, hunker.

Anyone else second (or third) that?

<neatly dodges charging question>

hunkermunker Wed 05-Aug-09 20:51:23

I'll take that as a yes then, HM (I DO like your initials, you know wink).

Don't charge Gabrielle Palmer though, please, for she is fantastic. We'll have a whipround on the breast/bottle topic grin

AnarchyAunt Fri 07-Aug-09 11:35:25

I second and third that.

primigravida Fri 07-Aug-09 11:44:05

I would also to have her on for a web-chat, please.

bamboo Fri 07-Aug-09 11:48:02

I'll add my name too.

LOL, though, at Daisy Goodwin paying for that slating. Perhaps she was being charged by the word and that's why she answered so few questions!

Threadworm Fri 07-Aug-09 12:00:50

A month or so ago Justine said that MNHQ would try to make it clear when webchats had been paid for. I'd really like to know for each webchat whether it was a paid-for promo or a different kind of conversation -- just so I could avoid participating in an advert.

Threadworm Fri 07-Aug-09 16:07:39

Not that there is anything wrong with a paid-for spot.

It's just that there ought to be a strong visible distinction between content that stands or falls on its merits, and content with a presence that has been paid for.

Just like newspapers have to write 'Advertising Feature' or something similar on advertising copy that has been made to resemble a news story.

hunkermunker Fri 07-Aug-09 18:55:18

I agree there should be a clear notice when it's a paid-for advert. I guess the Waitrose one was paid-for (and so it ought to have been).

But Gabrielle Palmer? Really, really NO, it would seem nigh on immoral to charge her!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 08-Aug-09 11:28:36

Hello.

Yes, we do try to make it clear when our webchats are sponsored - see the OP on our recent webchat with Chris Corcoran, for example.

And GP is already added to the list of your webchat requests...

dizzydixies Sat 08-Aug-09 11:33:52

am still waiting on Graham Norton from when the Eurovision was on <<sobs>>

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 08-Aug-09 11:35:16

I know, I know <passes tissue>

We're still trying...

dizzydixies Sat 08-Aug-09 11:39:37

I can cope as long as its not been forgotten about <sniff>

hunkermunker Sat 08-Aug-09 20:53:10

"And GP is already added to the list of your webchat requests..."

You make it sound like I'm requesting a different person every day, HM wink grin

I don't, do I? I'm not sleep-requesting-web-chats again, am I?!

onepieceoflollipop Sat 08-Aug-09 21:02:25

I was fortunate enough to hear her speak live once at a conference. (I didn't know who she was at that point blush)

She was absolutely fantastic, a real inspiration and passionate. Many of the delegates (who did know who she was wink) were cheering and encouraging her in a v enthusiastic manner.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 08-Aug-09 22:02:57

That's interesting, onepieceoflollipop - we'd like a webchat where everyone whooped and applauded afterwards!

Sorry, HM, didn't mean it to sound like that. Came over all clipped and harassed, didn't I? Can't think why...

<screams at kids to get to bed NOW>

hunkermunker Sat 08-Aug-09 22:05:31

I would beat people to death if they didn't whoop and applaud, HM. No charge grin

No worries, you know you're my v favourite MNHQer wink grin

And yes Go To Bed, children [stern]

onepieceoflollipop Sat 08-Aug-09 22:18:11

The whooping etc might not be the same as in rl because you only permit us a woefully limited number of emoticons atm grin

hunkermunker Sat 08-Aug-09 22:36:37

WHgringrinP?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now