Talk

Advanced search

I still think we should be able to have POLLS, but with normal discussion below.

(11 Posts)
MamaG Fri 24-Jul-09 12:35:43

So the screen would show poll, with thread below

2shoes Fri 24-Jul-09 15:33:14

no idea what you mean.....
please explain

MamaG Fri 24-Jul-09 16:41:34

Well the reason why polls are not liked on here is because people like the chat, the banter in the thread. I think if we had a poll at the top where you could vote but still HAVE the thread etc it would be good

MamaG Fri 24-Jul-09 16:42:58

like this thread here - you could have a YES and a NO vote - so a poster could open the thread, vote, then say "ooh 99% say yes" and then join the discussion

2shoes Fri 24-Jul-09 17:14:01

no thanks my lovely

BadgersArse Fri 24-Jul-09 17:15:04

yeah
moldies had em once iirc

southeastastra Fri 24-Jul-09 17:15:11

thought this was in the pipline many moons ago

BadgersArse Fri 24-Jul-09 17:15:58

yes dont think they do any more
anyway it was standar chat board set up.
you start a thread " add poll" then can formulate the answers too..

KingCanuteIAm Fri 24-Jul-09 17:17:04

We had this discussion a while ago; I surprised myself by just how vehemently I was opposed to it!

No grin

<pats self on back for being restrained>

MamaG Mon 27-Jul-09 09:30:51

You wouldn't have to use it you miserable fecks <sulks>

lljkk Mon 27-Jul-09 09:41:56

There does get to be a kind of dominant group-think thing that happens in threads, where if you have a minority viewpoint you don't pipe up about it because you don't want to feel attacked or alone in your views. So the thread leaves a rather biased impression of what "most people" think about a subject.

That would be the only nice thing about a poll, I could voice my (minority) opinion without feeling like I have to defend it (I don't like to debate). I wonder how many lurkers feel the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now