Talk

Advanced search

Hey MN techies, could you put a 'refresh' link at the bottom of the page too?

(7 Posts)
flimflammum Mon 29-Jun-09 01:28:12

It's a PITA having to scroll up to refresh, especially if you're on a laptop with a fiddly little finger scrollie thingy.

Just a thought. Thanks!

KnickKnack Mon 29-Jun-09 09:12:28

You can hit your F5 button smile

There should also be a refresh button on your browser toolbar.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jun-09 11:22:27

Well KnickKnack F5 isn't refresh on a macbook that I know (it does something with my volume!) but the refresh button on your browser is a top tip.
I will ask bigtech how hard it would be to add though, thanks for the suggestion.

thisisyesterday Mon 29-Jun-09 11:24:50

i was gonna say the same as knickknack!

KnickKnack Mon 29-Jun-09 11:41:57

apparently "command +R" on macbook (according to 1st random page I opened on google grin apologies if wrong and something awful happens!)

RustyBear Mon 29-Jun-09 11:48:20

I'd like this too for when I'm on the iPhone - no F5 button on there, & refresh on the toolbar takes you back to the top of the page & you have to scroll down again.

Touching Add a message does take you quickly back to the bottom, but if it's a fast moving thread, you then have to go back up again to get to where you left off...

And when you're scrolling on a iPhone, it's easy to touch 'Report a Post' or 'Contact Poster' by mistake & suddenly you start getting taken somewhere else!

madameovary Mon 29-Jun-09 11:51:49

What Rustybear said.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now