Talk

Advanced search

Voting

(11 Posts)
PrettyCandles Fri 13-May-05 14:04:06

Has this been brought up before? I don't recall. But there are often threads polling people's opinions on matters, and it might be nice to have a section which would allow you to register a vote pro/con/don't care, etc, on whatever the subject is. No comments, just the question and the tickboxes. There could also be links on that page taking you to relevant discussions.

WigWamBam Fri 13-May-05 14:08:32

I think I'd prefer the discussion threads to a simple yes/no vote myself, I'm as interested in people's reasons for their opinions as I am the opinion itself.

But perhaps that's just me and my sticky beak

thedogmother Fri 13-May-05 14:10:56

Even if there was a vote, you'd still be able to have discussions, surely? Could there just be a chance to tick a yes/no/maybe box before entering the discussion? as in which is your favourite, Coldplay or Oasis, that kind of thing?

hunkermunker Fri 13-May-05 14:11:47

I find that polls never have the option I want anyway - and I always have to give my reasons behind my decision. Just call me long-winded hunker

WigWamBam Fri 13-May-05 14:12:29

Perhaps I misread the question, dogmother (wouldn't be the first time!). I thought PC was asking for a vote with no comments and discussion.

flum Fri 13-May-05 14:13:06

No comments!

No comments!

I live for the comments

NomDePlume Fri 13-May-05 14:13:37

sounds a bit complicated, not necessarily a feature I would use regularly,if at all

thedogmother Fri 13-May-05 14:16:10

I think no discussion would make it a bit boring really, but I'd be happy to tick a yes/no box before entering a discussion if it was relevant.

Although most of the votes would be something like:

Do you swallow or spit? Swallow 50% Spit 50%

You know what I'm talking about ladies!

PrettyCandles Fri 13-May-05 14:21:13

How would you phrase the third option on the swallow/spit vote? 'Strategic withdrawal' perhaps?
But seriously, on the vote page there would be links to the discussion on swallowing or spitting, so you could opinionate and comment to your heart's delight.

WigWamBam Fri 13-May-05 14:22:01

Personally I think it defeats the object of a discussion board. Some of the discussions that arise from the simplest of questions are really entertaining and I think it would be of less interest just to tick the box without entering a debate.

WigWamBam Fri 13-May-05 14:22:53

Ooops, crossed posts, PC. The discussion goes alongside the vote, OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now