Talk

Advanced search

Namechanging and my profile

(7 Posts)
SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 22:47:39

Am debating whether to set up my profile page - never used it before - but I can't figure out what would happen if I name change (to post on embarrassing thread wink).

Would I lose my profile page which goes with my old name or would it update to give my details/pic with my new name???

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 19-Jun-09 22:51:55

You can turn the profile page off (no public view) if you want to namechange. It does update if you change unless you do this. smile

SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 22:58:41

Thanks, I'd always forget to do that and would 'out' myself so won't bother. Thanks smile

RustyBear Fri 19-Jun-09 23:11:14

Are you sure, fluffybunny? I namechanged over the weekend (I've now changed back) & you couldn't & still can't see my profile on my posts under the new name.
afaik you have to actively move your profile to a new name, or create a new one for that name. But you don't lose the old one, it's still there if you change back to the old name.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 19-Jun-09 23:14:20

Hmm. I tried this ages ago (before the change to new MN), it worked OK then IIRC. Maybe I'm wrong. Sorry blush

KnickKnack Sat 20-Jun-09 09:30:20

I think RB is right. I've namechanged at Christmas etc and my profile was not visible under the new mane.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 20-Jun-09 09:45:25

RustyBear is indeed right, folks.

If you namechange, your profile (in your other name) doesn't follow you.

You can make it follow you, though, if you want, by using the Move your Profile option here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now