Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we have the paragraphs back in the Round-up please?

(17 Posts)
Shitemum Fri 19-Jun-09 21:19:20

The last 2 Round-ups have arrived in my inbox in the form of a big, dense paragraph reminescent of a newbie post in 'Relationships'.

Please could you bring back the gaps, reading them in ths format may be just enough to finally tip me over the edge...

...please.....

PortAndLemon Fri 19-Jun-09 21:38:45

I have paragraphs in mine.

You must have done something Very Bad to offend MN Towers and/or morningpaper so that they are taking the paragraphs out of yours in particular, so I suggest you apologise for whatever it was ASAP... grin

Shitemum Fri 19-Jun-09 22:01:05

oh bollocks, dont tell me it's only me....

sorry, sorry {grovels}

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Jun-09 22:08:17

oooh, but is it only you? Anyone else? We were having a few paragraph issues with this week's (but not any other weeks) and thought all sorted before we sent.

RustyBear Fri 19-Jun-09 22:11:56

Mine looks normal.

Well, as normal as it ever does.....

livinginadreamworld Fri 19-Jun-09 22:12:06

okay mine has no gaps inbetween paragraphs... ie new line but no gap iyswim! so yes a bit reminiscent of newbie post as shitemum says

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Jun-09 22:17:31

Could someone who's seeing it minus normal paras please forward it to contactus@mumsnet.com so we can see exactly what you mean?

Thank you

GentleOtter Fri 19-Jun-09 22:22:06

I have emailed you as mine is in a big block too.

livinginadreamworld Fri 19-Jun-09 22:24:43

okay have emailed 2, this one and an old one with proper paragraphs..... mainly 2 prove 2 myslef i've not gone mad! grin

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 19-Jun-09 22:38:45

thank you

RustyBear Fri 19-Jun-09 23:00:44

OK, when I said it looked normal, I was comparing it to last week's.

I've now looked a little further back - up to and including May 29, there was double spacing between paragraphs, June 5th had double spacing between the last two paragraphs, but not between the rest. Since then, it's had paragraphs with single spacing, ie the paragraph starts on a new line, but there's no space.

I don't have any where the paragraphs run into each other without starting on a new line at all.

MarmadukeScarlet Fri 19-Jun-09 23:55:23

Well <sob> at least you've all got one <sob>

I know they are hidden on here somewhere to read when they haven't arrived, I found only the newsletters.

RustyBear Sat 20-Jun-09 00:01:36

Try here Marmaduke!

Shitemum Sat 20-Jun-09 00:14:52

Oh good, i'm not going mad.

The paragraphs dont run into each other but there are no gaps between one and the next, like what Rusty says...

i thought maybe you were doing it on purpose to make the round-up look shorter, or the newsletter, whatever it is...not that i'm complaining or anything, i like them long...

MarmadukeScarlet Sun 21-Jun-09 16:24:06

Thank you so much Rusty.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Jun-09 17:32:21

<arrives late and out of breath>

Thank you to everyone who sent their funny-paragraphed round ups in to us at MNHQ.

We're not quite sure why this happened - but we will look into it pronto.

In the meantime, as Rusty's already pointed out, you can always find the latest parenting news and talk roundup here

Shitemum Sat 27-Jun-09 00:34:39

The latest roundup has arrived and is paragraph-free.
Interestingly when I pressed re-send in order to manually separate the paragraphs and read it it automatically did it itself hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now