Talk

Advanced search

What happens when you report a post??

(16 Posts)
SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 20:18:05

Is it anonymous? Would MNHQ contact me or just look at what I reported and delete if they thought they should?

Saw something earlier which I thought was awful and have come back on now and I couldn't believe it was still there so was wondering if I ought to report it - but am a wimp!!!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Jun-09 20:19:17

If you report it, whoever is on duty will look at the post and either delete it and tell the poster off or say it's okay.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Fri 19-Jun-09 20:19:36

Message withdrawn

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 19-Jun-09 20:20:57

report it
mnhq will know it was you
say why you think it is wrong
they won't mind if they think you are wrong

Curiousmama Fri 19-Jun-09 20:21:38

MNHQ give all your details to the person you reported so they can come round and .....wink

No don't worry I've reported a few before and I survived!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 19-Jun-09 20:22:46

grin

SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 20:27:11

Thanks guys, I'm such a wimp! Even too much of a wimp to tell you what it was! Sorry Reality!!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Jun-09 20:27:37

Or tell me and I'll report it (I've always wanted to tell tales on some errant poster wink) grin

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 19-Jun-09 20:29:19

You have to say what the thread was now. It's the rules.

SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 20:31:34

I've done it now! I feel like a naughty school girl grassing someone up! My lips are sealed girls wink

JulesJules Fri 19-Jun-09 20:31:45

They don't email you about it. I reported a post once blush and it wasn't deleted and I never heard nuffin. Assumed MNHQ just thought I was being hysterical and/or hormonal or something, and ignored my bleating...

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Fri 19-Jun-09 20:33:08

I've always been emailed when I report things. I'm most likely to report people who should be paying for adverts though.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Jun-09 20:34:58

Ooh yes I've reported stuff on the local site (I'm a tsarotter - the evil twin of the tsarina) and we have a few posts that you think 'hmm that's a big advert really isn't it!'

LupusinaLlamasuit Fri 19-Jun-09 20:42:55

I have almost always had a reply saying yay or nay, in bunting decked reasonableness, from MNHQ.

SummerHeightsHigh Fri 19-Jun-09 20:45:35

Heard nothing yet, but then its hardly an urgent matter. Off to see if my dinner is done, it smells good and am v hungry.... Maybe hear something later.

Curiousmama Fri 19-Jun-09 21:35:35

...don't answer the door if anyone knocks..wink

I've had emails from MNHQ when I dob in report posters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now