Talk

Advanced search

I nearly always read the entire thread before posting. Am I in the minority on MN?

(7 Posts)
Mintyy Tue 16-Jun-09 21:11:59

Also, I nearly always try and get straight to the point in my thread title if I start a thread grin - so people don't click and waste their time (although, come to think of it, I did try and "ginger up" my thread title when I asked about disposal of left over cat food recently).

Aaaannnnyyyyways, I get the impression lots of people just post and leave.

WDYD?

LackaDAISYcal Tue 16-Jun-09 21:16:48

Depends....usually try and read it all, sometimes post and run (especially in AIBU) but more often than not post and then get sidetracked (bloody children, the cheek of them wink) and by the time I come back to it, things have moved on and my contribution is surplus to requirements.

My threads seldom get a good response though hmm....maybe I should try some gingering up?

AnyFucker Tue 16-Jun-09 21:18:53

I mostly read it all first, before posting

You can get caught out otherwise, either by posting exactly what the previous 699 people have, or if further info was revealed partway through (as often happens, I find)

EccentricaGallumbits Tue 16-Jun-09 21:19:18

haven't read the rest of the thread but probably grin

MachuPicchu Tue 16-Jun-09 21:20:00

I try to at least skim-read because often the debate has moved on if there's a good few pages of responses. Once a thread gets to a certain length though I usually wouldn't post anyway because often the question has been answered or the thread has moved on to the extent that I might feel like I was 'crashing' (other people might not, but I'm a wimp!)

HecatesTwopenceworth Tue 16-Jun-09 21:21:06

yes. Normally. The few times I have posted before reading to the end of the thread, i find what I put is quite often irrelevent, convo has moved on, op has given further info, you are just repeating someone else, whatever. Just leaves you looking foolish, imo.

Saltire Tue 16-Jun-09 21:21:35

I do, for the reasons Anyfucker said. Sometimes I start a thread and then forget aobut it!blush until 3 dyas later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now