Talk

Advanced search

I reckon we should have a "troll" button next to the 'hide' button on thread titles

(10 Posts)
gigglewitch Sat 13-Jun-09 22:55:22

grin
well I do. that automatically hides all evidence of them and refuses to let you see it again.... including the OP's name.

BitOfFun Sat 13-Jun-09 22:58:41

Oh I would love a troll button! It wouldn't hide them though, just shunt them to a folder to goggle at for laughs...

LeninGrad Sat 13-Jun-09 23:10:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

electra Sat 13-Jun-09 23:11:20

No...that's really silly. You can't always tell whether someone is a troll or not. On my first MN post I was accused of being a troll.

gigglewitch Sat 13-Jun-09 23:12:12

grin LG - someone has already invented it? fabulous! I want one!

LeninGrad Sat 13-Jun-09 23:14:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

electra Sun 14-Jun-09 10:42:30

No, I think it's important to hear the views of those who don't always agree with you smile

flatcapandpearls Sun 14-Jun-09 10:48:37

I don't, some crackpot accused me of being a troll. Having invented 6 years worth of mumsnetting. Believe me if I had invented myself I would be a size 10 for a start.

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Jun-09 18:13:21

This is a tough one, as already pointed out it's not always immediately apparent that someone is a troll. It can also take us time to investigate. We know the troll fests can be wearing and frustration. We do act as quickly as we can, although we will always err on the side of giving a member the benefit of the doubt if there's no direct evidence (IP address etc).

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Jun-09 18:13:47

Although saying that we think Justine would also LOVE a troll button

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now