Talk

Advanced search

Can we have a feeling depressed topic please, I feel it is warranted.

(6 Posts)
TrinityRhino Wed 10-Jun-09 21:33:39

mental health may be daunting to post in
lot of people have some depressive issues at some point
would be a good place to be able to find others having the same problem
as you know I am a long term depressive
I think we should have this new topic and so do lots of others
please can we?

MerlinsBeard Wed 10-Jun-09 21:35:29

i have asked and asked (for personal reasons more than anything) but it never comes back. It was suggested that i start a thread in other subjectshmm

yet we can have daft topics like mumsNot

MaryMotherOfCheeses Wed 10-Jun-09 21:37:22

Why is mental health daunting? Is it the label? Or thinking "I don't have a mental health problem, I'm just a bit down". Which is reasonable I guess.

I wonder if it could be renamed "General fed up-ness and mental health"?

I'd be wary of separating them out because they can be one and the same and then people with knowledge and advice on these things would have to check both topics. Which they might not do.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-09 21:38:52

We never say never, MumOfMonsters.

If lots of people do feel the same as you and Trinity, we would obviously have another think about it.

MerlinsBeard Wed 10-Jun-09 21:43:59

I would have posted more about feeling down (and therefore admitted to myself how bad i really did feel before it was obvious to others and i hacked my own hair offhmm) if i had felt able to post. mental health as a title feels like it is for people with 'serious' mental illness.
When you feel low, whether thru diagnosed depression or not, it still doesn't feel like a mental illness, sometimes you need a pic me up, sometimes more support - which sounds like TR and I both need at mo (shall we start a thread TR?)

not making sense am i?!

MerlinsBeard Wed 10-Jun-09 21:46:22

Trinity Rhino

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now