Talk

Advanced search

Peachy wants to apologise for her typing.

(18 Posts)
Peachy Wed 10-Jun-09 13:35:18

A few people have pulled me up on my typing lately, so thought I would just explain once and for all.

I don't know if it is MN related or becuase of my PC (decrepit, recently repaired) but although I have the screen set to large type, when I am actually typing a post the type is tiny, and even with my glasses I can't read it. My eyesight is borderline driving even when wearing specs.

When I read my posts back I am appalled, in RL I am a bit of a pedant and can actually spell very well indeed.

However, short of typing posts in word and copying across, a bit pointless on fast MN threads, I'm a bit stuck so would appreciate patience and understanding.

Thanks smile

Peachy Wed 10-Jun-09 13:39:35

Oh and the pont of this is so i can save the thread and just link when I receive complaints.

FabulousBakerGirl Wed 10-Jun-09 13:40:37

Good idea to let people know the situation.

junglist1 Wed 10-Jun-09 16:06:05

IMO it's rude for people to complain about spelling etc. Unless they're perfect in every way obviously. Just for the record.

2shoes Wed 10-Jun-09 17:34:33

oh ffs, people are getting a bit shitty if they are moaning about that.
it is all part of your charm imo

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Jun-09 17:55:03

<hijack> 2shoes: look in Special Needs Topics

TrillianAstra Wed 10-Jun-09 18:04:29

Did you type this one in Word and then transfer it across, just to prove that you can spell?

2shoes Wed 10-Jun-09 18:11:40

HelenMumsnet have seen(have started my own thread with a question)

PerfectPrefect Wed 10-Jun-09 18:16:03

I don't want this to come across the wrong way, I hope it is helpful.

how have you got your screen set to large type? There are a couple of ways to do it (and the effects would be additive).

Firstly you can adjust your monitor resolution so that everything on your screen is larger. Icons, pictures, text everything. There is a downside though - you may have to scroll sideways a bit as most websites these days are set up for high resolution monitors.

Secondly you can tell internet explorer (assuming that you are on IE) to display large text. (I can get mine to go so massive that the smilies --> are the size of a £2 coin....can't get much text on the screen though).

You may already have tried by of these fixes. Sorry if neither have worked.

Peachy Wed 10-Jun-09 19:17:44

Dh ahs done it, but most things do appear alrge- its just the bit where I type a post, oddly.

No I didn't type that previous one in Word LOL, I can spell, I have a degree and never got spelling wrong all the time you know- is just this blasted problem.

weegiemum Wed 10-Jun-09 19:19:29

Peachy, I'm jut glad you are typing! Don't worry about mistakes!

onagar Wed 10-Jun-09 19:37:55

I wouldn't worry about it.

I know what you mean about the text size though. I have IE6 and in that changing the text size doesn't work on MN though it does just everywhere else. It used to until the recent improvements

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 19:54:24

actually, I just thought it was because you often type while wrestling with DS4, or feeding him, and he was helping you.

tis part of you tho, the same as bold, italics and grins are 'part' of mewink

Peachy Wed 10-Jun-09 19:55:44

Ah well I do that as well Psycho LOL, sometimes even with ds3 curled up on my lap

Typing whilst BF a baby was far easier than a toddler I have to say, he shut the whole PC down earlier LOL 9as did the neighbour drilling through the cables before that, is a day for it)

psychomum5 Wed 10-Jun-09 20:00:19

noooo....is he a toddler already???

shock

where does the time go!

PerfectPrefect Wed 10-Jun-09 20:38:12

Do you have a wheel mouse? If you do the easiest way to do it is to hold Ctrl and rotate the wheel. One way will make it smaller, the other will make it bigger. As it is just done with the wheel you can toggle between big and bigger.

Saltire Wed 10-Jun-09 20:49:47

I've had people moan about my spelling too. Mine is becasue of the Fibro - sometimes I can type something which looks right to me, but when I read it back its all full of spelling mistakes. It happens sometimes when I'm talking , the words sometimes come out gobbldiegook, or I can stop mid sentence and haven't a clue what Iwas on about.

I don't know how to fix your screen though

Peachy Thu 11-Jun-09 07:20:23

Thatnks Pp but no joy

Truth is, the PC is very old and little works now, that's Ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now