Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Problem with banner ads

(7 Posts)
MrsMuddle Thu 04-Jun-09 09:18:29

Everytime I click on a thread, it takes ages to load because the banner for the Anita Shreve book appears first (last week it was the same with the Mark Warner ad) and stays on screen for a whil before the thread appears.

It also pops us and hovers randomly at the top of the page when I'm in the middle of reading.

Please make it go away. I'll even go and buy a copy of the book if you make the advert go away, or at least make it stop the pages from loading slowly.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 09:24:48

You need to clear your cache of cookies and this will make the problem magically disappear.

MrsMuddle Thu 04-Jun-09 09:37:44

Thank you. How do I do that? [thick emoticon]

whomovedmychocolate Thu 04-Jun-09 10:46:01

If you are windows just use the find function for a folder named 'cookies' Then delete them - there is one called index you can't remove - don't worry about it!

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Jun-09 12:46:03

Hi MrsMuddle - let us know if you're still having problems.

FairMidden Fri 05-Jun-09 09:42:05

I had this too, and today it's doing the same thing except without the banner wandering around on the page, it's just sticking for ages before loading each page. This has never happened before. Off to do the cookies thing now

MrsMuddle Fri 05-Jun-09 15:35:46

Have deleted cookies, and it seems much better now. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now