Talk

Advanced search

Can I just say...? (this is about the reviews and recipes section)

(2 Posts)
HaventSleptForAYear Tue 02-Jun-09 10:40:36

That compared to how well organised and compartmentalised our lovely "TALK" board is, the Reviews and Recipes are not up to scratch [stern teacher emoticon]

For about 3 yrs before joining the site, I used to be led here by Google and then go away in disgust because I couldn't find anything.

For example:

I was looking for a recipe for Brownies.

They are in order of ranking (some of which mean nothing because people review the recipe but forget to rate) and so I have to scroll down the whole lot to find the various recipes.

Yes I know I can do a search but wouldn't it be easier to have recipes for the same thing grouped together?

Same thing for holiday reviews, I have to basically skim-read all the titles of the destinations to see if there are any in say, France.

Apart from that, I love you to bits grin

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Jun-09 11:07:53

You're right, we've still got some work to do to improve recipes - we've sort of got it going but plan to revisit to enhance and improve over the next little while.

Re reviews you can use the find box to look for everything in France. Click on short haul to get the list, then plug france in the box at the top - the box could certainly be bigger/brighter - that's been on BigTech's to do list for a bit, but your post will no doubt give us just the impetus we need to give him a kick get right on it, so many thanks for the input grin.

Do tell us any further thoughts/observations on how we can improve (ps we know blogs and local also need a bit of attention - they're on the list too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now