Talk

Advanced search

What happened to the promised Animal Dyson Trial?

(68 Posts)
ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 26-May-09 20:21:23

Wasn't there an allergy trial, with promises of an animal one in the not too distant future.

Did I miss it?

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 27-May-09 09:40:43

anyone?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-May-09 22:34:31

Do you think it picks up Presidential hairs mrobama?
grin
In answer to your question, um, I don't know blush but I'll find someone at the Towers who does.[efficient]

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 27-May-09 22:35:46

god can I have one please?
All these bloody beasts are moulting and I only wear black trousers.
Not a good mix.

Am desperate.

Please?

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 27-May-09 22:45:09

Bo, the Obama's family dog, a Portugese Water dog, looks fairly hypoallergenic and wouldn't dare shed a hair or would have Michelle Obama to contend with wink

CamillaDyson Thu 28-May-09 12:53:02

Hi

We've got some new bits and bobs on the horizon...so I will have a think about how to involve MNers.

I wasn't planning a specific animal sesh, but if enough people are interested in trialling the machines, I could think about something.

I will be in touch!

Camilla (Dyson)

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 16-Jun-09 10:53:49

Am still interested! smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Jun-09 11:24:30

Glad to hear it, ilovemydogandmrobama!

We actually haven't heard back from Dyson yet about this but your post has reminded us to drop them a line. Thank you

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 16-Jun-09 18:23:09

Me me me!

I have an unhealthy obsession with vacuum cleaners.

OnihrYtinirt Tue 16-Jun-09 18:26:35

I would be very interested

sweetkitty Tue 16-Jun-09 18:28:14

me too 3 cats and 3 children means I am always clearing up

Twinklenips Tue 16-Jun-09 18:29:49

Ooo me too!

wannaBe Tue 16-Jun-09 18:32:11

and me. Two dogs, two cats, two birds (one of which a parrot who throws food everywhere) and a ds.

VanillaPumpkin Tue 16-Jun-09 18:44:39

Oh me too. DH brushed our dog today outside and so even the grass is covered in a film of dog hair sad. Our current Dyson is over 8 years old and sadly fading under the pressure.......

noddyholder Tue 16-Jun-09 18:47:05

Oh I love hoovers.Years of property developing has made me mad.I currently have 2 dysons and 1 miele.They are fab

ilovemydogandmrobama Mon 22-Jun-09 10:15:29

any news?

Have to say the sales people at John Lewis are quite honest. We have 2 Dysons and 2 dogs, (and 2 kids come to think of it hmm hmm) Neither were picking up very well, after 9 years, and thought I'd get a Miele cat and dog because of the dog hairs that build up in the head part. The sales guy at John Lewis said that it didn't matter what vacuum I bought, it would always be a problem, but had an idea that I could get a replacement head from Dyson which seems to work! smile £30.00 vs £300. No brainer grin

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 30-Jun-09 09:23:52

Have 2 Golden Retrievers! And willing to use them grin

CMOTdibbler Tue 30-Jun-09 09:27:48

3 cats,v long haired me, dark carpets in hall/stairs, light everywhere else, toddler, dying LG vacuum cleaner.

I need a new vacuum cleaner and would love to try an animal one

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Jun-09 10:01:21

No news as yet. We shall try another gentle prod...

ThePhantomPlopper Tue 30-Jun-09 13:46:04

I have hard floors downstairs, carpets upstairs, tiles in the kitchen and lino in the bathrooms, many different types of floor for testing purposes you see.

Current vacuum was handed down from my mother, it was stored in their bomb shelter and fires damp smelling hot air out of the back of it. 2 toddlers, damn cat that sheds in summer and still uses a litter tray so I have paper trails coming off of it and (TMI) a husband that likes to shave his body hair in front of my mirror in the bedroom, which he then leaves, I then tread on and get sharp hair ends lodged in my big toe!

I rest my case grin.

MaybeAfterBreakfast Tue 30-Jun-09 13:52:40

If there is an animal Dyson trial I'd love to do it. One hair-shedding spaniel, 3 messy males, and a variety of flooring types here.

poorbuthappy Tue 30-Jun-09 13:56:54

I have an older dyson and a dog, and a 4 year old who can not keep food on her plate!!!

So i'd like to trial the animal one, the small child one and also if you could invent something which picks up baby vomit i would grateful!!

12StoneNeedsToBe10 Tue 30-Jun-09 13:59:17

I've got an animal Dyson (actually bought it a few months before even deciding to get a dog, mainly for the filtering properties). The little moo is moulting like crazy (white short hairs) twud be a nightmare without the Dyson.

TheFool Tue 30-Jun-09 14:13:20

<waves hand to join in> cat moulting

GhostOfPsychomum5 Tue 30-Jun-09 14:21:07

can I trial one.

I would quite like a lion-shaped one.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now