Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Well I feel disappointed with Mumsnet, and quite sad

(25 Posts)
emkana Thu 05-May-05 22:22:13

I feel terrible today, have been so sad and on top of that am in the middle of a huge row with dh. Started a thread earlier
here

and was hoping for lots of cyberhugs. Now in case you think I'm a complete saddo to rely on virtual support so much, I did also go and see a friend tonight, and that was great. But still it means a lot to have sympathy and to share experiences on here... and there wasn't as much of that as I was hoping for.

oh, I don't know. Am I oversensitive tonight? Wouldn't surprise me. Tell me straight, I can't feel any worse than I do already.

A big big big thank you to whymummy, LGJ, lima and bundle for posting on the other thread!

tamum Thu 05-May-05 22:23:34

The link doesn't work, but I'm very sorry, whatever it was

Tinker Thu 05-May-05 22:23:55

Think the election has taken over today a bit. Not personal, just too distracting to laugh at Rustie Lee

lilsmum Thu 05-May-05 22:23:58

emkana...that link isnt right, it takes ya to start a convo.

JoolsToo Thu 05-May-05 22:24:03

emkana - there's nowt there probably why you didn't get any hugs

whatever it was - <<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>

handlemecarefully Thu 05-May-05 22:24:36

No it doesn't work....hope you are okay?

emkana Thu 05-May-05 22:25:05

Sorry here

Forgetmenot Thu 05-May-05 22:25:08

The link didn't work for me either.
Please tell us Ive been "off air" for a few hours.

Janh Thu 05-May-05 22:25:25

Oh emkana, sweetheart, I am so sorry, I did see your thread briefly late on (was out all day) and planned to post and got called away (like you do) - but I wanted to say that your DH was way out of order and you are completely entitled to expect him to be there for you.

I am very sorry about your dad.

(Your link doesn't work btw, pls do another!)

Blu Thu 05-May-05 22:25:49

oh, Emkana, it certainly seems as if you need a hug NOW , poor you, sounds as if you have had a hard day. But can you lead me to your thread? Your link doesn't work

Satine Thu 05-May-05 22:25:49

Sorry you didn't get the support you wanted - hope it's not too late to send a hug now. Life can be so crappy at times.

QueenEagle Thu 05-May-05 22:28:08

Emkana - I posted on your thread. Think I probably spouted a load of twaddle but was hoping it would make you feel better.

I think with the election everyone might be a bit pre-occupied. Don't take it persanally. Hope you are ok.

emkana Thu 05-May-05 22:29:24

Thank you queeneagle, I saw your post just now and it was much appreciated

lima Thu 05-May-05 22:30:03

here

JoolsToo Thu 05-May-05 22:30:23

oh em! that's sooo sad and bit insensitive of your dh. I can understand you being so worried.
[[[[[[[more hugs]]]]]]]

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 05-May-05 22:31:59

I didn't see your thread emkana, and I can't seem to get anything on the links.

Forgetmenot Thu 05-May-05 22:32:26

Your dh was incredibly insensitive!
What a sod!

My wonderful MIL suffers with Parkinsons, luckily we live near by, it must be terribly frustrating for you being so far away.

Just din't want to leave this thread without saying something. Lots of vitual support coming your way............

Heathcliffscathy Thu 05-May-05 22:32:43

oh emkana, i'm so sorry that you're going thro such a sh*tty time...and that election rants have taken over a bit....

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 05-May-05 22:32:51

Can see it now - will read.

handlemecarefully Thu 05-May-05 22:32:52

emkana,

Your dh was thoroughly unsupportive. I imagine it must be very difficult - all the more so because your parents are overseas, so you must feel so impotent and powerless to help.

tamum Thu 05-May-05 22:42:54

I'm so sorry, emkana, I really am. I am at the start of the same thing with my dad. It's such an awful thing to deal with, and must be so had when you're away from home. Millions of cyberhugs.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 05-May-05 22:51:39

sympathy, emkana. I hate being so far away from my family and I think I know how you must feel. I also have a dh who is occasionally that insentitive and it drives me mad (really out of order, your dh).

good to see you've got some more replies now - my excuse for not replying earlier was that you posted at teatime (in our house).

can you go and visit your parents at half term?

sunchowder Thu 05-May-05 22:59:08

Emkana, I don't believe I know you, but you have my sympathies and I do understand what you mean about not getting alot of responses when you are terribly upset. It has happened to me too, try not to be oversensitive!!! Later on, my friends have said they missed the thread, etc and I always felt like some kind of psycho after that.... It is wonderful to receive support here and know that alot of people do care for you as you can see from all of the responses here and on the other thread.

I have found that my DH (as I would not want to generalize about other men), can be very cold in this area also. He has a difficult time opening up and talking about things with me, especially things which he feels that we don't have any control over. I don't know what your situation is in terms of being able to go and visit your parents. It is so upsetting to face this--I have lost both of my parents. If you can go to visit, I would so recommend this so that you do not have any regrets. If you can approach your husband now without alot of anger, you will get a much better response (you already know this). Sometimes it just takes letting them know that you are afraid, sometimes they just need a break from everything in order to cope themselves and be able to listen to you. We all have so many faults, and it is always so difficult to forgive the faults of those that are closest to us. I hope that you will be able to get much more support from your virtual friends and your RL friends in order to get through this. XO Sunny

handlemecarefully Thu 05-May-05 23:06:27

Ah sunchowder - my favourite mumsnetter. I'll go now as I don't want to embarass you!

sunchowder Fri 06-May-05 00:03:29

I love you too HMC!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now