Talk

Advanced search

How many MN 'personas' have you ever had?

(230 Posts)
Norty Tue 03-May-05 22:28:49

There's a another thread talking about how easily people can be deceptive on chat rooms, however most people seem to be saying "oh, but I think I'd spot someone fake", or "but I haven't the time/energy for multiple posts"

It got me wondering, "How many MN personas have people ever had".In other words, how many different MN nicknames have you EVER used?

My personal score is probably well towards 20 - over 5 years... some most regularly, some occasionally, and a few only once....

Norty Tue 03-May-05 22:29:33

Whoops - that should've read "multiple IDENTITIES" (not posts)

ithinkitwasme Tue 03-May-05 22:31:45

do you remember the cat and the football and the neighbour post?

I was Joanne23 and Ithinkitwasme now that is really really norty isn't it? but fun thread

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:32:17

I had an old name but changed it as it was no longer suitable.
I have used a pseudonym for one or two intimate postings shall we say...

joash Tue 03-May-05 22:32:35

two nicknames - 1 for the first week and then I had probs with my computer so I registered again with joash - same 'persona' though - honest, not fake.

soapbox Tue 03-May-05 22:32:52

Only 3!

JMG which I changed when someone started posting as JMG1.

Then Soapbox and soapboxingday for my Christmas name!

TBH I don't post on here often enought to use aliases!

I hate people name changing with a passion as it makes it even harder to keep up with whats going on and whos doing what

I also dislike it when people name change to say something controversial. FGS - if its that bad you can't post it under your own name - don't post it at all

SleepyJess Tue 03-May-05 22:32:55

3 I think.. since I joined last Nov. SJ for the very vast majority... one for something sensitive and another for a very risque thread regarding sex that I could not bring myself to post as SJ in case my mother ever read it!!!

Oh 4 actually.. I had a Balamory persona once as well!

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 22:32:58

OMG why would you do that?

piffle Tue 03-May-05 22:33:11

where is that thread now I'd love to re read it, nearly wet myself on there
pah...

Twiglett Tue 03-May-05 22:33:58

talking to the cat poster

soapbox Tue 03-May-05 22:34:01

ithinkitwasme that is truely ing

However given the way that thread was going at least you managed to get the last laugh

JoolsToo Tue 03-May-05 22:34:04

it was v funny (although some might not agree who sprang to Joanne23's defence!) - but it irritates me no end - even though I've done it myself!

I'd prefer it if MN took the capability away tbh!

marthamoo Tue 03-May-05 22:34:44

ithinkitwasme - you rotten thing! I got so annoyed by "Joanne23"!

So who are you really? Are you "Norty" too? And have you had your 20 personalities on MN?

I think you may be in for a bit of a bashing here...

mears Tue 03-May-05 22:35:32

only ever this one

joash Tue 03-May-05 22:36:30

forgot about the christmas one - joashiningstar - so 3 really.

marthamoo Tue 03-May-05 22:36:45

I've always been me. Plus two Christmas names. Plus two "sensitive subject" personas.

Oh and I was MadTableClothLady.

And............

marthamoo Tue 03-May-05 22:37:05

I was CatAttack

Pruni Tue 03-May-05 22:37:19

Message withdrawn

JoolsToo Tue 03-May-05 22:37:55

I agree with Soapbox when she says if you can't post something controversial under your own name don't bother.

Pruni Tue 03-May-05 22:38:17

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Tue 03-May-05 22:38:57

I've had a few, largely those related to hunkermunker (though I suspect hunkersnafumunker is someone else...and I think I know who... - LOL!)

I was agreenfootball on the cat thread - PMSL that Joanne and ithinkitwasme were the same person - SO glad I didn't miss that announcement!

rickman Tue 03-May-05 22:40:21

Message withdrawn

QueenEagle Tue 03-May-05 22:40:27

ithinkitwasme/joanne23 - did you like my poems???

What an absolutely bloody hilarious thread that was! Not larfed like it for ages - great fun!

Have only ever used this name - can't be bothered to change it, anyway I'd probably get caught out as I'm a rubbish liar. (but pretty good with an airgun if there's a cat in the vicinity!)

Gwenick Tue 03-May-05 22:41:10

I've had 2 - this one - and another I used once for a post about my depresion..............unfortunately (for me) I forget to change username before posting on the thread again and posted as me again LOL - kind of defeated the purpose of using a different name

SleepyJess Tue 03-May-05 22:42:06

hello Joash! Where have you been? Did you flounce??! Are you ok?? Did you run off with an old flame????!!! Or have you been here or the time and I am talking out of my arse?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now