Talk

Advanced search

Sorry if this exists and I've never found it but how about a quotes section?

(12 Posts)
jane313 Thu 28-Apr-05 19:55:21

Hmm the title says it all really. On anoher site I used to go on they had a great classic quotes thread and it was a great way of catching up on all the funniest, most interesting quotes of the day. People just cut and pasted each others work.

Sorry if has existed/does exists or had been vetoed.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 01-May-05 00:04:05

Interesting idea jane313 - do you see it working as one discussion thread - or something more structured/ formatted?

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 00:07:16

Justine

Go to bed woman

I keep doing just one more check

And then you keep popping up, what hope is there, for the rest of us addicts

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 01-May-05 00:10:37

You're right LGJ - I'm off .

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 00:11:26

jane313

Sorry I was not trying to take from your post.

BTW

I love quotations, so wuld be very interested.

jane313 Sun 01-May-05 19:05:05

well I'm not sure really. I just used to sometimes read one on the guardian website, I'll find a link and people just kept it going. sometimes starting a new one after a crash. It is just a thread within a larger section. It was great when you hadn't logged in for a while; like seeing a highlights package or beign pointed to interesting/funny stuff you may not have noticed. Although being quite a confrontiational site it was sometimes a bit nasty

classicquotes

Tinker Sun 01-May-05 19:07:45

Boyfriend got in Classic Quotes once. About how come we can drink wee but not eat poo

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 19:21:13

Why don't you start one and if we can keep it going, then maybe we could make a case for one.,

Justine thought it was a good idea.

jane313 Sun 01-May-05 19:23:36

yes I should, maybe next weekend when I'm at work, its very quiet and it will stop me buying things off the internet.

LGJ Sun 01-May-05 19:31:15

Jane313

You have just made me spew, my wine, funny girl,what do you do ??

jane313 Sun 01-May-05 19:48:06

tv news in a tecchie-ish area, is should be busy but rarely is, or is in fits and bursts, although actually it may be busy with lots of post-election nonsense

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-May-05 11:19:35

Hi Jane313,
Yes why not just start one - could put it in site stuff topic - and see if it catches on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now