Talk

Advanced search

RSI prevention

(10 Posts)
PrettyCandles Mon 25-Apr-05 15:23:35

I've got long-standing problems resulting from RSI in previous years (when I had a paid job ) and excessive Mumsnetting has triggered a 'relapse'. Which got me thinking...could you somehow configure some of the hotspots to enable users to choose between keyboarding and mousing?

For example, when we've logged in we get a message along the lines of 'to close this window click here' - could we have the option of 'or hit return'?

Perhaps we could use the menus at the top of the Talk screens using keyboard: ctrl A to get into the Active conversations line, then tabbing across to whichever grouping we prefered.

Also, I only discovered that I could use the navigation keys to jump around the screen as a result of another Site stuff thread - could these key stroke shortcuts be better publicised (for want of a better word).

PrettyCandles Tue 26-Apr-05 23:17:23

Also, when you finish entering text in the Add a Message box, it would be nice to be able to tab to the activation buttons (currently tabbing takes you to click___here and it takes 5 further tabs to get to the Post Message button).

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 27-Apr-05 13:06:06

Hi PrettyCandles,
We'll raise this with the Techs and see if there's a solution.

WigWamBam Wed 27-Apr-05 13:30:56

I'm another long-term RSI sufferer and I think this is an excellent idea.

PrettyCandles Wed 27-Apr-05 14:39:51

Does anyone know if there's a keystroke combination to replace the BACK button (ie to take you back to the previous screen)?

SaintGeorge Wed 27-Apr-05 14:45:38

The back arrow

WigWamBam Wed 27-Apr-05 14:47:19

Backspace does it on my keyboard.

PrettyCandles Wed 27-Apr-05 20:55:42

Thanks, WWB.

melsy Wed 27-Apr-05 20:57:44

must be catching , as mines come back tonight too!!!

PrettyCandles Thu 26-May-05 14:51:38

Anything likely to come of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now