Talk

Advanced search

Please read if you use Internet Explorer to browse Mumsnet

(40 Posts)
GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Feb-09 09:47:24

Just to confirm that Mumsnet is not working in IE right now angry - so if you're getting weird spaces and it all looks wrong, that's why. Techs are being hassled asked every few minutes if it is fixed. We'll let you know as soon as they've fixed the pesky problem. For now, please use Firefox. The link to download it for free is www.firefox.com

VinegarTits Thu 19-Feb-09 09:50:41

I'm using IE, no problems here smile(cant use firefox as it it work pc)

CHEQUERSmate Thu 19-Feb-09 09:51:07

Ditto VT.

DisasterArea Thu 19-Feb-09 09:52:16

is o.k for me too.

LIZS Thu 19-Feb-09 09:56:59

seems ok here too

NoNickname Thu 19-Feb-09 09:57:47

IE7 here and all OK for me and has been all morning for the last ten minutes.

LadyMuck Thu 19-Feb-09 10:10:39

IE6 here, and I'm not noticing a problem, but may not have got to grips with new layout!

scienceteacher Thu 19-Feb-09 10:11:25

I'm using IE and not finding any problems.

PuppyMonkey Thu 19-Feb-09 10:13:14

Coo-eeee.... I can seeeee you.... and I'm on Explorer too!

Too scared to download Firefox at home or work in case I get told off.

SnowlightMcKenzie Thu 19-Feb-09 10:13:16

okay for me too

MrsWeasley Thu 19-Feb-09 10:13:38

Mines fine too.

I think it may just be Geraldine's PC either that or she enjoys hassling Tech wink

Hulababy Thu 19-Feb-09 10:13:57

Looks okay for me at the moment

PurplePillow Thu 19-Feb-09 10:16:53

I'mon IE7 and it's fine for me too grin

MmeLindt Thu 19-Feb-09 10:19:21

Working here too

It must be all the Swiss chocolate smeared on my laptop that keeps the gremlins away

QuintessentialShadows Thu 19-Feb-09 10:33:28

The homepage looks horrid. I have IE, and a widescreen laptop. I was amazed to see how many websites looked totally skewed and the content out of alignment when I got my first widescreen.

Those of you who can see it as normal, do you have widescreens or normal screens?

blueshoes Thu 19-Feb-09 10:51:47

I have a fairly wide screen (office computer). The home page is skewiff, with images/text overlapping at the top and further down, big spaces requiring scrolling.

PurplePillow Thu 19-Feb-09 10:53:45

Widescreen grin

MmeLindt Thu 19-Feb-09 10:55:17

Ah, have compared with Safari. Yes. The homepage is strange, but as I rarely use the homepage, I did not notice.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Feb-09 11:05:37

Ok, bit of an update for you: Most of the Internet Explorer glitches have now been fixed (hurrah!) but there are some the Techs are still tearing their hair out over grappling (wo)manfully with.

These are:
1. The Home page still looks skewy.
2. You still can't add a Local listing.
3. Talk threads get big white spaces in them if someone with a long nickname posts.

We do think that's all <hopeful emoticon> but do let us know if you're having any other problems.

Obviously, we're working hard to try to fix all of these. But, in the meantime, you should find using Firefox or Safari (if you can) will sort everything out for you.

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Feb-09 15:02:30

Hello! You should now be able to post a new Local listing in Internet Explorer 7 <hurrah! crosses glitch off list>

IE6 is still not playing ball, though <muted boo>

We're still on the case with the other stuff...

MrsWeasley Thu 19-Feb-09 15:50:20

Oh Sorry I have never even looked at the home pageblush

get up and dressed, start up internet, click favourites, click mumsnet, click talk, get undressed, go to bed(late). EASY no home page involved. grin

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Feb-09 11:17:20

grin Can we quote you? "A typical day in the life of a Mumnsetter"

MrsWeasley Fri 20-Feb-09 13:16:52

grin

PuppyMonkey Fri 20-Feb-09 15:26:07

Hey Helen/Geraldine - I still can't get separate pages in threads pages yet on Explorer. Is that still broke????

Pixel Fri 20-Feb-09 16:20:37

I've only just seen this as our broadband has been down. I'm on IE but couldn't tell you which one blush.

Anyway I've just checked, and I'm still unable to customise to show all topics. I don't know if this is an IE problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now