Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I get separate pages on threads?

(14 Posts)
PuppyMonkey Fri 13-Feb-09 11:54:48

I used to get pages in my threads, now it's all one long confusing list. Happened to notice someone mentioning about a post on page 3 in some thread or other, which made me think....oh... you can still have pages???

I want pages please - does anyone know how I get them? TIA...

Brangelina Fri 13-Feb-09 12:00:33

You go into customise and the second part has how many posts to view per page (25, 50 etc.). Click on that and voilà, you have separate pages.

PuppyMonkey Fri 13-Feb-09 12:11:42

That's weird Brangelina - I tried that and changed it to 25, but when I clicked save changes it reverted back to "unlimited" - as if I'm not allowed to do it. Aaaaah.

Brangelina Fri 13-Feb-09 12:12:59

Oh, maybe you have to click on something else too. I can't remember if I did or not. Let me have a look and I'll get back to you.

Brangelina Fri 13-Feb-09 12:14:57

Nah, just had a look and all you need to do is save changes. Maybe it's a dodgy mn day, I've had weird things happen to my display lately, then the next day everything's back to normal. Maybe try again later?

PuppyMonkey Fri 13-Feb-09 12:16:56

Thanks ever so - I might try it on the downstairs laptop as the computer I'm on is often a bit dodgy. Thanks thanks thanks. smile

PuppyMonkey Tue 17-Feb-09 21:51:02

Still can't do what Brangelina suggested - it keeps defaulting back to "unlimited" so I get all 3,400,000 posts on one long long page. sad Helpppppp!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Feb-09 22:04:54

Sorry you've having trouble with this, PupplyMonkey. Which browser are you using?

PuppyMonkey Tue 17-Feb-09 22:06:24

Ooh hello. Erm, er... what's a browser? Does that mean Windows? I'm on Windows on a PC.... And on Mumsnet New....

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Feb-09 22:09:37

Sorry: what are you using with Windows to access the internet? Explorer? Safari? Firefox?

PuppyMonkey Tue 17-Feb-09 22:10:28

A-ha, I see... Internet Explorer! smile

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Feb-09 22:12:45

Ah, that could be it then. We are, er, experiencing a little local difficulty with Explorer at the mo.

Our Techs are on the case.

But you might want to give Firefox a go in the meantime. You can download it for free here

PuppyMonkey Tue 17-Feb-09 22:14:32

Ok thanks ever so!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 17-Feb-09 22:15:07

No problem - do let us know if it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now