Talk

Advanced search

Techies - Original message at the top

(13 Posts)
JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 12:32:55

I don't know what the consensus would be - But I like the way on 'member profiles' the original post stays at the top of the thread.

Personally I would like to see this on all threads - whats the chances?

If that became the case it would be useful to put the 'add a message' at the top too!

I know! (I'm not asking for much am I?)

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 18:06:30

I'll take that as a 'No' then?

emmatmg Sun 20-Mar-05 18:09:44

is that what "flip the thred" is for JT?

Have never used it though....

jangly Sun 20-Mar-05 18:20:13

But then wouldn't people just read the origianl message and reply to that without reading the rest of the thread. So it wouldn't be really a "thread", just separate replies to the one message? (or have I got that totally wrong? )

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 18:33:36

ok, ok point taken but I still like the original post at the top - so there!

SoupDragon Sun 20-Mar-05 18:42:31

Just flip the thread then

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 18:46:59

No I mean like the member profile ones - if its a long thread you can see straight away the original post then if you're interested you can read all the other posts before you put your own 5 pennyworths in!

thedogmother Sun 20-Mar-05 19:05:37

Actually, I agree Joolstoo, I quite like that the original post stays at the top, then you could scroll up and down and still see the first post.

Even flipping the thread means the original post goes up/down accordingly.

roisin Sun 20-Mar-05 19:07:59

But often the thread has evolved completely, and the original question is no longer relevant. Even with the current layout sometimes people come in and answer the original question directly, and it's rather confusing because everyone else is talking about something completely different by then ...

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 19:11:43

thankyou!

JoolsToo Sun 20-Mar-05 19:12:01

dogmother!

LGJ Sun 20-Mar-05 19:12:47

Click here to "flip" this thread.

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Mar-05 20:31:03

Thanks for the suggestion JoolsToo. Not sure there's a consensus on this one, but will add it to our list of topics for the next mumsnet meeting (mid April) so if anyone has strong thoughts please post them here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now