Talk

Advanced search

Classic threads archive

(65 Posts)
turquoise Tue 15-Mar-05 14:01:57

Just a thought - if you're going to be 'retiring' chat threads from now on, can we have a little section of golden oldies saved? It would be tragic to lose the grapes or tablecloth woman, and I've been looking fruitlessly (saddo I know) for the blind date in the bluebell woods thread since someone reminded me of it yesterday. Any chance? Maybe a few favourites stored somewhere?
Anyone else got special favourites?
My vote also goes to:
"Am I dirty"
"Leaking after bath"

Is the bluebell wood one gone for ever?

katierocket Tue 15-Mar-05 14:03:31

grapes and tablecloth woman always stick in my head, oh and the one about finding a replacement strawberry soft toy

katierocket Tue 15-Mar-05 14:04:00

oooooo and OF COURSE - mumsnet to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 14:04:39

Message withdrawn

katierocket Tue 15-Mar-05 14:05:46

I seem to recall your heartless attitude at the time - you cold fish you

suzywong Tue 15-Mar-05 14:07:04

I never read the strawberry one either

Carla Tue 15-Mar-05 14:08:02

And the M'netter who put their children to bed in their clothes - sorry, can't remember who you were, but it was very funny

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 14:09:54

Message withdrawn

binkie Tue 15-Mar-05 14:15:05

and the tip of wearing your toddler's tights on your head for hands-free phoning

Toothache Tue 15-Mar-05 14:17:52

Ah the Zebra thread. Put's her kids to bed in their school clothes to save time in the morning. Wonderful!

Who was it that started the thread "It was late, I was tired and my silk stockings were laddered....."

That thread was just so funny and clever. It ended up being a publishable novel!!!

SleepyJess Tue 15-Mar-05 14:18:20

And the thread in which Joash tells us of all her poo-related cringeably embarassing incidents!!! Pelvic-floor challengingly funny!! (I know that one's not old.. but it shouldn't be archived ever.. should stay readily available for ever and ever for people to add to and feel better when they have had an 'continancy lapse'! PML! (Oooh.. no pun intended!!)

SJ x

SleepyJess Tue 15-Mar-05 14:22:03

Oh! And for SN parents.. there was a fantastic one that made me laugh til I cried in a sad/happy way the night I found MN.. it was called..

"You know you have a special needs child when....."

It was there that I found out that I am not the only one whose belongings and furniture are travelling further and further up the walls towards the ceiling in order to escape the hands of DS.... or that it is "normal" (ish) to have a filing cabinet in your front room... or to find you have accidentally lapsed into Makaton (a form of signing used WITH speech) for no apparent reason when talking to a complete stranger! ..

classic stuff!

SJ x

Snugs Tue 15-Mar-05 14:34:48

The bluebell thread was in Aug 04 in the chat section, so you can't search for it now - unless you talk really nicely to Tech who has been known to drag threads from the depths before

jangly Tue 15-Mar-05 14:40:27

This one. Jane

Toothache Tue 15-Mar-05 14:47:15

Jangly - I read that whole thread and I just don't get it!! Am I thick?

jangly Tue 15-Mar-05 14:48:53

It was a wind-up. Cod and Beccarollover! I seem to recall it caused a bit of trouble at the time. Can't really remember.

MrsDoolittle Tue 15-Mar-05 15:05:12

Oh yes, I remeber that one - I was laughing too much to post. That must be saved!

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Mar-05 15:36:42

We'll draw this to Tech's attention and see what if anything can be done to save the classic Chat!

beachyhead Tue 15-Mar-05 15:37:49

Balamory thread please......

Anteater Tue 15-Mar-05 16:09:17

CDs Dogsreunuted thread?

coppertop Tue 15-Mar-05 16:09:57

What about the "I got brians" thread?

Toothache Tue 15-Mar-05 16:17:04

PMSL at the "Brians" thread!! I still chuckle about that now! That's got to be a couple of years ago though.

coppertop Tue 15-Mar-05 16:20:23

Just had a look and the "brians" thread is still there in the Parenting section. It was back in 2002.

SleepyJess Tue 15-Mar-05 16:28:57

Could we have some more links please to some of this old old threads.. just for the relative newbies among us! Specifically, the clothes-to-bed oneand the 'Brians'

Thanks

SJ x

Snugs Tue 15-Mar-05 16:30:51

brians

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now