loader

Talk

Advanced search

serious request

(13 Posts)
Beetroot Wed 09-Mar-05 16:18:14

Message withdrawn

Tinker Wed 09-Mar-05 16:19:33

Do you realise I actually straightened my face to read this one. Beety has gravitas.

Cod Wed 09-Mar-05 16:20:04

Message withdrawn

tortoiseshell Wed 09-Mar-05 16:25:16

Actually, I have one too - is it possible to have a 'search for poster' on a particular page - my 'Find in this page' doesn't seem to find poster's names, unless they're in the text. So if someone has referred to someone else's post, I constantly find myself scrolling through to find the first post, then can't find where I was.

tech (MNHQ) Wed 09-Mar-05 16:26:15

Hi Beetroot,
We are going to revamp active conversations so you can exclude specific topics if you want to. Should be ready tonight some time.

Regards,
Tech

DillyDally Wed 09-Mar-05 16:26:30

Do you not want a maternity swimsuit then?

Beetroot Wed 09-Mar-05 16:28:15

Message withdrawn

LIZS Wed 09-Mar-05 16:30:45

When you search on current messages is it (perhaps it is and I have missed it) possible to select all categories rather than just individual ones.

Beetroot Wed 09-Mar-05 16:37:52

Message withdrawn

elliott Wed 09-Mar-05 16:40:34

actually I don't think the buy and sell suits this format very well - i thought there used to be another space on the site for ads - wouldn't that be better?

tech (MNHQ) Wed 09-Mar-05 16:47:18

We are working on a couple of things at the moment.

One: classifieds. We agree they don't fit this format particularly well. Over the next couple of weeks they'll have their own section. you'll still be able to leave responses etc, but they won't interfere in the rest of talk - unless you want them to.

Two: active conversations. We are going to re-jig the top of the page a bit to have a "my lists line. So "my active conversations", "threads I'm on" "threads I'm watching" will be there above the current "Find discussions" bit.

You'll make your list of topics for active conversations in the same way you currently do on the search pages. Once you've decided, click "save favourites" and bob's your uncle. That's the topics you'll get active conversations for.

I'm tempted to make the "my topics" list for searching the same as the one for active conversations, but would be interested to hear whether people would like to maintain two lists of defaults - one for searching and one for active conversations. Or would that just confuse people. Hmm.

JJ Wed 09-Mar-05 17:13:19

I like active conversations. As it's already there, just leave it maybe? And add the others, of course. Please realize that I am easily confused, but still would like it.

elliott Wed 09-Mar-05 17:37:45

well I always search in all topics (well nearly always) - can't always reckon on what you're looking for being somewhere specific - but would probably use a facility to turn off some topics in active conversations. Does that help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now