Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we have another Halloween Name Change Competition?

(61 Posts)
KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 20:51:07

Please?

Complete with prizes?

Oh and remember those funny hats on the smileys last year?

GentleGarotter Thu 09-Oct-08 22:11:18

Yes.

Can we? A 2008 one.

<bloody mortified>blush

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 22:11:42

I think there's one already.

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 22:12:22

Ahh just realised it was an old thread.

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 22:12:34

Someone halloween me please.

GentleGarotter Thu 09-Oct-08 22:15:47

Oh, it was all my fault ledology.blush I thought I would show off my new name and never thought to read the date of the competition.

<puts on hair shirt then gets coat>

FabioCatello Thu 09-Oct-08 22:17:01

Yes - where are the halloween smileys? is it too early?

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Thu 09-Oct-08 22:23:19

Are you going for scary or jokey?

Bloodystumperlicious Thu 09-Oct-08 22:33:56

Did I win?

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 22:39:11

Either as long as it's halloween related.

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Thu 09-Oct-08 22:41:21

I was going for scary. Do you think it is?

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 22:43:00

Erm a bit scary yes. Who where you before?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 22:44:30

that reminds me of the movie with the phone.

is that the name of the movie? Where the babysitter keeps getting prank phone calls and it turns out the caller is in the house?

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Thu 09-Oct-08 22:46:05

We stayed in a very spooky house in Wales for Christmas once - damp and the noise of a child crying - it was a constant question and none of us relaxed at all.

I was MrsBates - mother of Norman. A bit morbid to begin with. But I'm fed up with her and her bloody motel.

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 23:01:38

Argh I would have freaked out!

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Thu 09-Oct-08 23:09:54

Think it is in a film too though KerryMOE.

It was freaky. Especially because we didn;t mention it for the first couple of night - just kept finding excuses to go and check on the kids. All sleeping peacefully. Eventually I asked DH if he really had checked because I could still hear the crying. Then he admitted he could hear it too but didn;t want to freak me out. Then his brother - very not into ghosts and all that - was very relieved he wasn't going nuts because he could hear crying on and off. Also saw what looked like flames flickering in locked turret windows and found dead butterflies every day on the stairs. Our baby monitors (two families) stopped working too so we had to keep going up and down to check. We were there for a sodding week too.

DH looked up the house on internet and it had featured on Most Haunted apparently. And there had once been a destructive fire there too. Don;t know about the crying though - poor little thing.

ledodgy Thu 09-Oct-08 23:11:53

Is it called Are you in the house alone?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 09-Oct-08 23:17:38

see I would have left after the first night. And there's no way in hell the kids would be in a seperate room!

GentleGarotter Thu 09-Oct-08 23:22:53

That really gave me the heebie jeebies, HaveYouChecked. shock

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Fri 10-Oct-08 00:28:08

Hopping on new thread smile

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Fri 10-Oct-08 00:31:49

i'm in wales, hope its far away from me!

HaveYouCheckedTheChildren Fri 10-Oct-08 08:02:04

I was a big family Christmas so we were all staying for each other. My mum had died at Christmas the year before and DH's husband died that summer so his brother and sister were there with their kids, and FIL who never left the fireside. We were all the the same room - us and our children. Always are when we go away - they are more settled and we get more sleep. Also like us all being in together sometimes.

It was in Barmouth. The kitchen had a nice atmosphere but the rest of the place was very creepy.

Staying at home in our nice little cosy London flat this year!

pReachyTheExorcist Fri 10-Oct-08 08:11:01

Best I could come up with, I like it anyway (and it puts me in mind of the fat lad from poltergeist who is my doppelganger)

MurderAtTheDiscoDizzy Fri 10-Oct-08 10:25:41

My first ever attempt at an 'alternative' name!!!

SatanicGeorge Fri 10-Oct-08 10:38:20

Now, do I go with the still recognisably me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now