Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Many apologies from MNHQ

(20 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Oct-08 11:54:59

As some of you will have seen briefly last night, it was brought to our attention that we had inadvertently published a couple of pages of survey responses which contained some members' email addresses.

This was entirely an error on our part - one that we take really seriously and that we're extremely sorry about. We removed the threads in question the moment we heard about them and we plan asap to implement a safety net so that email addresses in survey responses get auto-deleted once they've been used to identify competition winners/ contact re product testing, to avoid anything like this happening again.

Once again apologies for our mistake and many thanks to all those who wrote in to bring it to our attention.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 11:56:08

Bugger! No hamper bribe problem. grin

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sun 05-Oct-08 11:56:34

Go and sit on the naughty stair.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Oct-08 11:58:47

I'm on it and quite rightly so blush - (do i have to do a minute for every year (I'm quite old)?)

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:01:00

Shouldn't the techs be doing this?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Oct-08 12:02:47

It's the weekend - they're not around - so I'm standing (sitting?) in for them.

MarsLady Sun 05-Oct-08 12:04:13

<<sympathetic look in Justine's direction with fingers crossed behind back that the hamper comes this way due to my loveliness>>

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:05:24

Well, you need to get out the instruments of torture for Monday and let them have it. Hmm, let me think.....none stop Brittney Spears CD played over and over again, dress them as women and put their pictures up on here. I'll have a think. Oh, and send them off to Fortnum and Mason for a hamper. grin

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sun 05-Oct-08 12:06:54

Yes, a minute for every year. Think of it as a chance for peace and quiet

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sun 05-Oct-08 12:07:26

If I can think of a reason, I'm going to send myself to my room in a minute...

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 05-Oct-08 12:07:49

I thought we'd all decided on some Rich tea and cherry bakewells in the wicker basket that's floating round the office, no?

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:11:21

Alright. I'll let you off. smile

The brittney spears etc still stands though.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:17:45

Actually, you did make me think for a while that I had gone mad by just removing the thread and not emailing me to let me know. I recon this deserves a box of chocolates. I thought I'd made it up. It was really stressful.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:18:13

grin

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:18:14

grin

solo Sun 05-Oct-08 12:22:40

Did it have just the email addresses or did it have the nick names and the e mail addys together? I know some may be obvious if it's just the emails, but not so bad if there were no nicks with them.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:27:15

There were no nicknames. There were a few letters of the town where that person lived on the side aswell but only on a few.

avenanap Sun 05-Oct-08 12:34:59

Thanks for the email Justine. smile

schwotz Sun 05-Oct-08 19:20:02

I wondered why I had spam today from a estate agents, on my new email account, which I have limited to only friends and family !

onager Sun 05-Oct-08 19:26:15

Oh that can happen anyway. With hotmail for example they have programs that send to aaaaaa@hotmail.com, aaaaab@hotmail.com until it hits a real one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now