Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Antenatal/postnatal threads

(7 Posts)
HunkerMunker Wed 02-Mar-05 12:25:08

Is it possible that these can be subdivided again so that people who are expecting/have babies in the same month can post different threads to ask about specific things that more mums with bumps and babies at the same stage will see?

I occasionally drop into the postnatal thread but it's usually too long for me to read and I get lost - I'd love to know more of the mums with babies the same age as DS on here!

The way I envisage it is topic>postnatal groups>due in/babies born in month>lots of threads with different topics

More like a postnatal club than an individual thread which has to be restarted when it gets to PC-crashing length!

Justine (mumsnet) Wed 02-Mar-05 15:20:31

Yes it's a good idea HunkerMunker - will chat with Tech's and be back.

biglips Wed 02-Mar-05 15:38:37

hunkermunker - sounds a good idea

HunkerMunker Wed 02-Mar-05 21:51:12

Thank you!

hunkermunker Sat 18-Jun-05 17:20:43

Any update on this from MN Towers?

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 19-Jun-05 20:43:52

Sorry about the lack of feedback we did discuss this at one of our regular meetings...

The problem we felt with starting post natal groups is that where do you stop - do you end up having different sections for children born in march 03, march 04 march 08 etc etc. Then within those sections would you then start wanting different topic headings - so potty training for babies born in march 03, parenting issues for babies born feb 02, relationships for .. you get the idea

The feeling was that they were a good place for gong through pregnancy and "meeting" other mums with children of similar age, but that the majority of issues that would then need to be discussed could be aired on the main Talk boards, otherwise there might be too much duplication eg teething troubles would sit just as easily in health as it would in a sub section of the post natal clubs..

Sorry - hope this is making sense. As Justine said we liked the idea, but when it came to putting it into practice we felt it probably wouldn't work. We did talk about this for quite some time so apologies noone's been back to you. However if you still feel we're missing something we're more than happy to discuss again.

Hope that helps

hunkermunker Mon 20-Jun-05 00:01:50

Yep, fair enough - just seen it work quite well on another site and wondered if it would here - but the open nature of the active convos would make it very repetitive, I guess.

Thanks for the reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now