Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tech Page wont load passed the header again !!

(10 Posts)
TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 17:47:06

is it the Ads again! seems to stick on advita!

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Fri 03-Oct-08 17:48:29

Consistently?

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 18:08:43

a lot of the time I have to keep refreshing until the page loads.

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Fri 03-Oct-08 18:11:53

I am afraid there isn't much we can do. The likelihood is it will fix itself quite soon. We have some long term plans in place to resolve this once and for all but in the mean time I am sorry it's not working well for you.

Out of interest, who is your ISP?

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 18:49:45

ISP is Talktalk and yes I know they are crap, we will not be signing with them when we move smile

MrVibrating Fri 03-Oct-08 18:50:33

YMT I have just had a big clean up of my IE install on the family PC (grrr who accepted the Yahoo Toolbar?), and although this has speeded up rendering of most sites a little, MN has improved dramatically.

Now my PC was probably cleaner than most already, so I think that the user experience for many people is probably much worse than you think. I wonder what in particular it is with MN that interacts badly with even the more benign spyware?

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 18:53:57

I understood noting you said MrV grin

I do run Reg Cure and XoftSpy everyday tho, does that help?

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Fri 03-Oct-08 19:20:45

Thanks MrV. I am hereby charging you with the task of telling that to everyone on MN!

MrVibrating Fri 03-Oct-08 19:55:29

Sorry TheConfused - I sort of hijacked the thread to make a point to YetMoreTech.

There is no substitute for going through your plugins manually (I am assuming you have IE7) - Tools -> Manage Add-ons. Disable anything you don't like the sound of: you can always enable it again if you have broken the VPN service you need to connect to your work network for example smile

TheConfusedofthedeadOne Fri 03-Oct-08 20:28:52

MrV whatttttttttttttttttttttt????????

(shall I wait for DS to get home ? He is the Tech in the family grin

DH breaks the bloody thing every time he touches it (and he is a Solider in the Royal Signals, grin not much hope for us then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now