loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are we still getting a Beauty topic??

(18 Posts)
charleypops Mon 28-Feb-05 16:54:35

I'm desperate for some make up recommendations

Rachel (mumsnet) Mon 28-Feb-05 21:02:02

Hi Charleypops, this was one topic that we did discuss at our last meeting and considered a good possibility. Let me have a chat with others at Mumsnet HQ tomorrow and see if we can set up soon.

Will come back to you soonest,

Rachel

charleypops Mon 28-Feb-05 22:12:13

ooo great!! Thanks Rachel - I'll be keeping my fingers crossed

franch Mon 28-Feb-05 22:17:03

Could it be beauty and fashion? I'm always looking for sartorial inspiration and guidance .....

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 11:32:56

Me too Franch - hope Rachel comes back soon with good news......

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 01-Mar-05 11:33:42

Good, I love girly talk .

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 12:04:24

Oh good charleypops - after posting I suddenly felt awful for hijacking your idea - looking forward to some good girly chats with you and Puff

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 12:48:28

Franch - I just forgot to say fashion and beauty, I think that's what everyone wanted anyway!

How else is a girl to know whether or not it's cool on any given week to wear jeans inside boots??!

Think I'll be doing a lot of loitering around this area. See you there, fingers crossed! x

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 12:59:37

Seriously charleypops, I was actually wondering that yesterday .......

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 14:53:24

I KNOW!! Imagine if you got it wrong!!!!

franch Tue 01-Mar-05 17:43:59

Exactly!!!

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 18:55:15

The SHAME

Any news Rachel??

Rachel (mumsnet) Tue 01-Mar-05 21:11:28

Yes, the good news is, it's on its way. Just takes a bit of setting up but Carrie is in talks with tech. We're also making final decision on thread title. Shd be with you by end of week/beginning of next week latest.

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 21:25:29

Oooh, I can't wait!!! Fab

Thanks Rachel et al

PuffTheMagicDragon Wed 02-Mar-05 09:44:02

Lovely! Going to get my pink fluffy mules and pink babydoll nightie out for all discussions on this thread .

I am a self confessed skincare and cosmetics addict.

marthamoo Wed 02-Mar-05 09:47:23

Can I wear orange foundation, caked on mascara and dispense words of wisdom?

When I worked in Boots the make-up counter women really looked down on us mere shop assistants but it always cracked me up that they were referred to as "Beauty Girls" (yes, really!) when they all looked like they applied their make-up with a trowel, in the dark, every morning

charleypops Wed 02-Mar-05 12:18:37

Martha - you still get make up counter assistants that look like that in dept stores. It's so funny, I bet they don't get to do many make-overs

Puff - I love the idea of a babydoll and pink fluffy mules! I think I'll do that too - and add a crazed green face mask, hair rollers and a nail file

champs Wed 02-Mar-05 15:24:37

rofl why do they do that? when i was going for interviews to work in salons they always told me I would have to wear full makeup when i got a job i had to buy some and hated it. I always think that a natural look would inspire more confidence from clients and in dept stores why would you want to look like you troweled it on? (mo offense to those who wear like this}

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now