Talk

Advanced search

Can somebody at MNWQ Pleeeease wind the clock up,

(31 Posts)
TheConfusedOne Tue 23-Sep-08 20:54:58

Because everything is slowing down!

onepieceoflollipop Tue 23-Sep-08 20:56:52

mnhq I think you should upgrade to duracell batteries instead of trying to manage with cheapo supermarket ones. grin

If that doesn't help then I think Tech is taking a few too many tea breaks. wink

TheConfusedOne Tue 23-Sep-08 21:05:39

Think Tech may well be under the table lying in spilt whisky!

onepieceoflollipop Tue 23-Sep-08 21:07:46

Well he hasn't appeared on the thread to dispute that TCO! grin

WilfSell Tue 23-Sep-08 21:09:08

It is a nightmare. What is going on? Has the donkey gone on strike?

So much slowness lately, in the last few weeks. Time for a new donkey or a new treadmill if you ask me.

SoupDragon Tue 23-Sep-08 21:09:45

IIRC they're waiting for a new server to arrive so there's not a lot they can do about it right now.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 23-Sep-08 21:11:17

Yes I know SoupDragon but we are just amusing ourselves; can't get on the interesting threads quickly enough. grin

It's going to be fab when they get the new system isn't it. No long pauses when we are mid rant discussion. :

pluckingontheoldfanjo Tue 23-Sep-08 21:17:24

I typed out a really long, witty and insightful post (for once) then lost it as I got timed out

That's it for another 5 years then....

WideWebWitch Tue 23-Sep-08 21:38:42

it's slow again tonight. Aaggh. Just as well, dh wants to talk to me

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Tue 23-Sep-08 21:41:11

We actually have the additional server (it's additional, rather than a replacement) already, but bringing it to the party is a bit more effort than just plugging it in and pushing the power button! I am tentatively thinking Thursday night, but no promises.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 23-Sep-08 21:43:29

Thursday this week? (oh I was going to go out then, I wouldn't want to miss the super-speeding-up of mnet!)

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Tue 23-Sep-08 21:45:31

Okay onepieceoflollipop, we'll do it next week instead.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Tue 23-Sep-08 21:47:36

don't listen to her, we'll all be here on Thursday grin speed us up, YetMoreTech!

LadyMuck Tue 23-Sep-08 21:47:40

Nooooooooooooooo, just hurry up and read the manual. It is slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

onepieceoflollipop Tue 23-Sep-08 21:49:07

No, I'll stay in specially! (no pressure. wink)

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 23-Sep-08 21:55:02

Thursday sounds good Tech. Would be most grateful if you could manage it before I give birth.

Dominion Tue 23-Sep-08 21:58:44

Yes please.

It is like watching a slow motion fart.

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Tue 23-Sep-08 22:42:20

I was joking about delaying it just for onepieceoflollipop. I'd do it tomorrow night but I've got a date.

CantSleepWontSleep, should I text you just to check you've not gone in to labour?

MadamAnt Tue 23-Sep-08 22:50:46

Would it help if we asked everyone only to post if they have something truly interesting / witty / scandalous to say?

THINK BEFORE YOU POST! DON'T WASTE TEH INTERWEBS!!

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 24-Sep-08 07:22:20

Just keep an eye on the boards YMT, and you'll know if I've gone into labour or not wink.

KatyMac Wed 24-Sep-08 07:52:19

Are you allowed to go on dates?

Is it in your contract?

I'm not sure I agreed to it hmm?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Wed 24-Sep-08 10:26:44

Are you dating a MNetter? wink

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Wed 24-Sep-08 13:54:29

Well, my wife uses mumsnet sometimes. And the person with whom I am going out for dinner Justine once tried to hire. We're an incestuous bunch. "Date" was a pitiful attempt to seem young, cool and desirable, at which my wife laughs.

Anyway, we're still looking good for Thursday, unless I get a better offer.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Wed 24-Sep-08 14:44:35

I'm fairly sure you're not the only person who tries to sound younger, cooler and more exciting on here wink

onepieceoflollipop Wed 24-Sep-08 19:34:44

I haven't seen a poster with the name "YetMoreTechsWife" hmm

Are you sure she uses mumsnet sometimes?

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now