Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a link between how slow the site is and the pictures?

(7 Posts)
Mud Fri 25-Feb-05 15:42:30

Its slow and crashing me out (on broadband)

Can't help feeling its due to the pictures

Is it?

If we had to choose I'd far prefer quicker with no pics if that makes any difference at all

Freckle Fri 25-Feb-05 15:45:10

It's not slow for me, so don't see that the pics have any effect at all. I'd check your broadband connection.

wheresmyfroggy Fri 25-Feb-05 15:45:25

This has been happenong to me today, but it has also happened every now and then before the piccies, it's usually during the day so maybe it's tech fiddling with the site

Mud Fri 25-Feb-05 15:46:41

i'm making an assumption is due to server capacity

no problems with the connection tbh, other sites fine

thedogmother Fri 25-Feb-05 15:47:02

Yeh mine's intermittently slow but don't think it's just due to the piccies. We're on BT BB.

snugs Fri 25-Feb-05 15:51:32

Keep getting a few 'server not found' messages, but pics were far busier last night and it didn't seem to cause any problems then.

Justine (mumsnet) Fri 25-Feb-05 17:00:54

Don't think it's got anything to do with the pics Mud - we've made the file size deliberately small. Could be that we've had some traffic surges at various points - our traffic's been very heavy this week but I'll draw it to Tech's attention (who of course is way more qualified to comment on this than me) and we'll get back to you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now