Talk

Advanced search

Tech, when is this MN not working at 4am (UK time) going to stop?

(7 Posts)
SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 03:59:07

Tis really quite upsetting.

It's prime MN time here. I put DS to bed and settle down to catch up on here and then it stops working just as I click 'post message'

And even though I only click it once my message appears 2 or 3 times, making me look really stoopid.

You said you were going to work on this. So, have you? Hmm?

I have had to use facebook. And talk to people in real life.

angry

miamla Wed 17-Sep-08 04:02:03

another objection to 4am shut down here!
my DS likes a feed then and its a perfect time to catch up. i've tried changing his timing but he's not playing game! only fair at 7 weeks i guess!

SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 04:40:22

See, there? You just did it again.

angry angry

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Wed 17-Sep-08 06:09:25

To alleviate the need for the 4am shutdown we need to make a major infrastructure change. We've got an additional server on order to help with the workload that we currently face each evening (UK time). I am hopeful that we can roll the major change in with the installation of this new server. This will mean that not only will things be better in the evenings but we'll also not have to go offline at 4am. Hopefully!

SuperBunny Wed 17-Sep-08 18:06:56

Yay! Good news, thank you Tech smile

RandomIdiot Wed 17-Sep-08 18:09:18

Ah but I bet you are going to switch us all off for a period when you "install" this new fancy server - aren't you?

I think you should get up at 4am and combine it with the transatlantic downtime.....grin

SoupDragon Wed 17-Sep-08 18:10:54

Move to the UK. It will be less of a problem then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now